Characters: Supernatural Prophets
Click here to go back to the main character page
open/close all folders
Prophets In Supernatural
Prophets in Supernatural
- Castiel: Dean, let him go! This man is to be protected.Dean: Why?Castiel: Heís a prophet of the Lord.Dean: Him? Really?Castiel: You should've seen Luke.
Chuck Shurley (Rob Benedict)
- "It was too preposterous. Not to mention arrogant! I mean, writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? Thatís like M. Night level douchiness."
- Ambiguously Human: It's heavily implied in the Season 5 finale that he's actually God. Word of God initially said that he is but later said that it's up to the viewer to decide.
- Angel Unaware: Or prophet, at least.
- Author Avatar: Of Eric Kripke.
- The Bus Came Back: At the end of the 200th episode.
- Bus Crash: It is implied in "A Little Slice of Kevin" that Chuck is dead, as there can only be one prophet at a time and Kevin Tran is the current prophet. Given who Chuck is confirmed by Word of God to be, however... Turns up alive and well for a cameo at the end of "Fan Fiction", so ultimately subverted.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Man in White: At the end of Season 5.
- Meta Guy: Chuck, a prophet who writes about the Winchesters' adventures in trashy pulp novels. He apologizes for some of the badly-written episodes and even makes a remark about Sam's character arc for the season making him less sympathetic. At some points, His remarks smack of Author Avatar-ness. It's done surprisingly well, though.
- Physical God: Literally as possible, as he is THE God. The one from the Bible.
- Perma Stubble
- Protectorate: Guarded by an Archangel.
- Put on a Bus: They pretty much had to, because he is God, and therefore a huge gamebreaker since He openly sides with Sam and Dean.
- Appears at the end of the episode "Fan Fiction".
Kevin Tran (Osric Chau)
- "Mom, you have GOT to stop drowning me in holy water EVERY TIME I GO OUT!"
- Action Survivor: Starting during season eight. Before that, Kevin was a Distressed Dude, who was overwhelmed by the circumstances surrounding him.
- Adorkable: Just look at him. Kevin is the epitome of dorky, loveable and quirky.
- Afraid of Needles: Kevin didn't take it well when he was having his possession tattoo done.
- Asian and Nerdy: Kevin is very intellectual and smart.
- Badass: Kevin is highly capable of fending for himself when he has to.
- Badass Adorable: Both a brainiac and kick ass at the same time.
- Badass Bookworm: Kevin is highly intelligent, scholarly and intellectual, not to mention he reads a lot. Wanted to attend Princeton and run in politics.
- Badass in Distress: Although Kevin Took a Level in Badass, he was still vulnerable from time to time and needed much saving and protecting.
- Badass Unintentional: Kevin's life was turned upside down when he discovered that he was a prophet.
- Heartbroken Badass: Has had his whole life turned upside down due to being The Chosen One, and has also lost his mother and his girlfriend (ironically, the same way Sam did).
- Took a Level in Badass: During the season seven-season eight Time Skip.
- Birds of a Feather: With Sam. Both of them had their "normal lives" turned upside down due to being The Chosen One. Both have had their mothers and their girlfriends killed by a higher demon (Azazel for Sam and Crowley for Kevin). Sam and Kevin are also The Smart Guy's and Badass Bookworm's. Not to mention, they're both nerds.
- Break the Cutie: Starts off as an honors student who just wants to get into Princeton and be the first Asian American President. His life enters a downward spiral once he meets the Winchesters.
- Breakout Character: Kevin is rather popular within the fandom.
- Butt Monkey/The Chew Toy: Kevin is the easy target for kidnapping, beating up and torturing.
- The Chosen One: He's a prophet.
- The Cutie: Oh so much.
- Dawson Casting: In his first appearance, 25-year-old Osric Chau played Kevin as a 16-year-old senior in high school.
- Deadpan Snarker: He is capable of wit and sarcasm.
- The Determinator: Carries on decrypting the Demon tablet despite suffering nosebleeds and even a minor stroke.
- Distressed Dude: The poor little guy just can't stop getting kidnapped, even when he takes a level in badass post-Season 7.
- Eye Scream: His eyes get fried out as Gadreel smites him.
- Fingore: Crowley cuts himself a little slice of Kevin and the kid ends up caving into his demands to avoid losing the rest to a knife-happy Crowley.
- Important Haircut: In season eight, Kevin's shorter hair reflects his new harder personality.
- It Sucks to Be the Chosen One: Ironically, shares this in common with Sam. Both Kevin and Sam just wanted to be normal.
- Killed Off for Real: By Gadreel. For now, considering that he's a main character from Supernatural this might change. #KevinLives
- Missing Dad/Disappeared Dad: Played with. His mother is referred to as "Mrs. Tran" but there are no signs of his father at his house, nor any mention of him while Kevin and Mrs. Tran are on the run.
- Momma's Boy: Kevin is very close to his mother, Linda.
- Motor Mouth: Especially when he gets excited or anxious about something.
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Dick uses Kevin's mom to force Kevin to give him the translation of the Word of God after the offer of a letter of recommendation to Princeton fails.
- Plucky Comic Relief: Mostly.
- Point of No Return: Kevin struggles with realizing he has reached this point throughout the season eight premiere, but it is brought home after his ex-girlfriend Channing's murder.
- Sacrificial Lion: In Season 9.
- Sanity Slippage: In second half of Season 8.
- Screw This, I'm Outta Here!: At the end of "What's Up, Tiger Mommy?", Crowley's words about the Winchesters' allies dying get to Kevin after he sees Dean try to kill his possessed mother, and he takes off with his catatonic mom before something worse befalls either of them.
- Pulls this one again when troubled by Crowley (it is unclear whether it is a vision or it really happened. Odds are on the former.
- The Smart Guy
- Who's Your Daddy?: Crowley hints that it's someone interesting. Start planting your Epileptic Trees... now!
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).Luigi is a future prophet, who was unaware of this until Crowley abducted him from between two subway cars in Rome while a freak hailstorm occurred at the same time above ground.
- Olive Garden
- Train Escape: Disappears between two subway trains in Rome.
- Hidden Backup Prince: Only becomes a prophet if the current prophet dies.
Justin Hurst (Douglas Newell)
- "I don't read Chinese."
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).Justin is a mailman from New, Mexico, who had no idea he was a future prophet until the earth split open and he was abducted by Crowley.
- Crying Wolf: Known as a practical joker, his partner driving the mail truck thought he disappeared as a joke and completed the route before realizing anything was wrong.
- Entertainingly Wrong
- Spare to the Throne: If the order in which Castiel recites the names is the order of prophet succession.
- Wrong Genre Savvy: He believes he has been the victim of Alien Abduction, which may be because he is from New Mexico.
- You Look Familiar: This actor previously played the grandfather in "A Very Supernatural Christmas".
Aaron Webber (Bruce Salomon)
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).Aaron is a future prophet who was abducted from his preschool by a demon possessed teacher at Crowley's direction.
- Adult Fear: Abducted child.
- Blood Spattered Innocents
- Body Paint
- Cheerful Child
- Horror Doesn't Settle for Simple Tuesday: Goes missing on Thanksgiving, November 22, 2012, according to his Missing Child poster.
- Messy Hair
- Not in Kansas Anymore: Aaron is carried away ŗ la Dorothy from Salina, Kansas.
- Oracular Urchin
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).She was abducted by Crowley as she is a future prophet, even though she was unaware of this.
Dennis Adams (Mar Andersons)
- "I got rights! Where's my one phone call?"
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).He was unaware of his role as a future prophet, until abducted by Crowley. He did not understand the danger that Crowley represented and is killed using Crowley's telekinesis when he demands a phone call.
- Blood from the Mouth
- I Have a Family
- Hey, It's That Guy!: Also played Major Green in Stargate Universe.
- Killed Off for Real
- Too Dumb to Live: See Underestimating Badassery.
- Underestimating Badassery: Asks the King of Hell for One Phone Call, as if Crowley was a local cop.
Krista (Juno Ruddell)
- "Snapping us up from our homes, our families, teleporting us to this m-mother ship. "
Appears in "A Little Slice of Kevin" (S08, Ep07).Krista was unaware that she was a future prophet, and when Crowley abducts her and asks her to read the tablet, she acts as if it has the Declaration of Independence carved on it. Crowley kills her to show Kevin that he is serious about his threats.