Characters: Star Wars Rise Of The Empire Era Separatists
aka: Star Wars Rise Of The Empire Era Seperatists
For the main Star Wars Expanded Universe
character index, click here
Members of the Seperatist movement during the Rise of the Empire Era.
open/close all folders
Dooku's Dark Acolytes
A Dark Jedi in service to Count Dooku, Ventress initially appears as Durge's partner in crime. She goes onto become one of the most feared Separatist commanders of the war, and a constant enemy of Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
A brutal Gen'Dai bounty hunter in the employ of the Separatists, Durge has a hard-on for murder and no compunctions about who he does it to. He takes a particular delight in killing clones, due to Jango Fett's reputation as the best bounty hunter in the galaxy, a title that Durge believes he himself deserves. His Gen'Dai physiology, coupled with his cybernetic enhancements makes him nearly impossible to kill.
- Ax-Crazy: Happily acknowledges his own insanity and bloodlust.
- Armor Is Useless: Double subverted; Durge's armor contains most of his weapons and tools, but he is perhaps more lethal without it.
- Badass Biker: In his first battle in Clone Wars, he rides a swoop bike.
- Bash Brothers: With Asajj Ventress.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Durge has a spread nervous system instead of a centralised one, making it impossible to cripple him via any means other than total dismemberment.
- Blood Knight: Very much like Grievous's hate towards Jedi, Durge's only reason to join the CSI was to kill Mandalorians, although they were clones.
- Body Horror: He is a literal mass of muscle.
- Bounty Hunter
- The Brute: Acts as the muscle for Dooku and Ventress.
- Cool Helmet: Wears it even after losing his armor and becoming a walking tentacled mass.
- Cool Mask
- Cyborg: His armor is cybernetically fused with his body, but unlike most of examples, he can perfectly live without it thanks to his Gen'Dai abilities.
- Deadly Gas: He and Ventress gas an entire Gungan colony in his first appearance.
- Evil Is Not Pacifist: Durge's entire species, excepting himself, is made up of pacifists. He, conversely, feels an intense need for bloodshed.
- The Faceless: His face is rarely seen, but when you see it, you know shit is about to hit the fan.
- Front Line General: Despite San Hill's doubts, Durge is not afraid to battle in first line, and when he comes to the battlefield, he can easily change the tide.
- Genius Bruiser: A feared, if uncaring military commander, as well as an eight foot killing machine.
- Guns Akimbo: Uses a blaster in each hand.
- Handicapped Badass: Due to facing lightsaber-wielding Jedi too often, he sometimes ends with his arms amputated, but the handicap does not long last as his regenerative abilities allows him to reconnect them to his body.
- Healing Factor: If you do manage to injure Durge, this kicks in. He can regenerate from most injuries, and while decapitation will slow him down, his head can be reattached.
- Hero Killer: The single most prolific slaughterer of Jedi until Grievous appeared.
- Hypocrite: He hates Mandalorians for killing his master Jaing, who casually was also a Mandalorian.
- Hurl It into the Sun: How Anakin finally deals with him.
- Implacable Man: Verging on The Juggernaut at points.
- Jet Pack: Briefly uses one in Clone Wars.
- Lightning Bruiser
- Made Of Titanium: Both Durge's armour and the Gen'Dai himself. He can survive being submerged in lava, shot through the head, and disembowlment without any negative side effects.
- Malevolent Masked Man: And his face is not pretty.
- Off with His Head!: Happened to him a time or two. It doesn't kill him.
- One-Man Army: Is a walking arsenal, to the extent that his own body is a weapon.
- Psycho for Hire: Durge likes money, but he's really in it for the kicks.
- Put the "Laughter" in "Slaughter"
- Really 700 Years Old: Pushing two thousand actually.
- Red Eyes, Take Warning
- Silent Antagonist: For some reason, he has not lines in Clone Wars, apart from a brief Evil Laugh. On the other hand, in the comics he never shuts up.
- Walking Armory: He's got twin blasters, energy shields, machine gun gauntlets, flamethrowers, spiked flails, dart launcher and his signature energized bolas.
- We Have Reserves: To the point of using his own troops as suicide bombers at once point.
- The Worf Effect: He and Ventress are worfed in Trenchant courtesy of Grievous.
Leader of the Jabiim Nationalist Army, which allied itself with the Separatists. Stratus was an angry, brutal man, who hated the Jedi Order and the Republic alike, and wanted to see them burn for perceived wrongdoings against Jabiim.