Characters / Panthera
These are the main characters in the webcomic Panthera
Beware: There are SPOILERS
" "Leo" is the lion mask I wear into battle. And yes, the mask is deeply a part of me. But my mind — my soul — is human. My name is Jason, and it's me who has to live with the things I do."
Seventeen years old, Jason was the first to transform at the hands of Ari. In addition to being a scholastic whiz, Jason is the "leader" of Panthera.
Kira: What are you doing here, anyway?
Jason: Uh, looking for you, actually. I just followed the burning mayhem.
Kira was the second to join Panthera. She's seventeen years old and has been described as "Bridgedale's athletic goddess", a member of the soccer, hockey and lacrosse teams since her freshman year. Put simply, Kira is in Panthera for the action.
- Action Girl: Is she ever.
- Battle Couple: Half of one with Jason, until they mutually decided to break up in chapter seven.
- Beta Couple: Again with Jason.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Taylor over Jason for most of the first story arc. She only manages to calm down and warm up to the poor girl in the last five pages or so.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments in the second story arc.
- Fighting Your Friend: Taylor hardly counted as Kira's friend at that point in the story, though.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Somewhere between Choleric and Melancholic.
- The Lancer: To Leo's The Hero.
- Playing with Fire: To the point where Jason has accused her of having "raging pyromania".
- Poor Communication Kills: A literal Cat Fight ensues between her and Onca when Onca tries to explain that they've been fighting for the wrong side all along and that Ari is actually Oosterhuis.
- Required Secondary Powers: Tigris seems to have hers, considering she noted that napalm "tickled a bit".
- Scars Are Forever: In 8.10, due to her carelessness, Tigris got half of her face blown off. While Pardus was there to heal her before she died, she still got scarred.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Tries this to Jason when he's having an identity crisis in chapter seven. Subverted when Jason gently pushes her away.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: To Taylor, albeit very heavy on the "Sink"-bit.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Taylor's girly girl.
- Tsundere: Very strongly type A, only opening up to Jason in the beginning.
While Tigris is in it for the action, Fletcher is in it because being a leopard with control over air is seriously awesome. While he's capable of being sober, he's usually playful and light-hearted, always joking around (Fletcher is the first and foremost contributor to the cat-pun jar
"Everything seems to happen so fast lately, and I'm so confused — I don't wanna ruin this team more than I already have —"
Jason's younger sister and the team's final recruit on Jason's reccomendation. While she's by no means a warrior, she still has a strong sense of justice and she's pretty smart.
Richard Reynder/Aristotle/Søren Oosterhuis
Click to see Ari
Aged 39, Richard Reynder is the eccentric science teacher at Bridgedale High and in charge of the Adventuring Club. He is also a brilliant scientist and the man behind Panthera, aiming to take down the evil Ovid Pharmaceutical corporation. In reality, he's Søren Oosterhuis, a person Panthera thought they tricked Ovid into blaming for the thefts. Serum 43 was originally an accident, but he decided to use Panthera to foil Ovid, which is actually a respectable company. He sold on the chemicals Panthera retrieved for quite some money.