These are the main characters in the webcomic Panthera.Beware: There are SPOILERS ahead.
- " "Leo" is the lion mask I wear into battle. And yes, the mask is deeply a part of me. But my mind — my soul — is human. My name is Jason, and it's me who has to live with the things I do."
- Battle Couple: Together with Tigris. Not anymore as of chapter seven, though.
- Beta Couple: Jason/Kira versus Fletcher/Taylor.
- Dishing Out Dirt
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: A mix of Choleric and Melancholic.
- The Hero
- Knight Templar Big Brother: Poor Pardus.
Jason: If you do ANYTHING to her, in any way, shape or form, I will quite litterally #%$&!$# EAT YOU. And you have NO idea just how DEEP I could BURY what'd be left of your sorry carcass. UNDERSTOOD?
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Although he was originally oblivious to Pardus and Onca liking each other until Kira pointed it out to him. More recently, though...
- My God, What Have I Done?: Direct result of the above and dragging his little sister into Panthera only to find out they won't live past the age of thirty.
- Say My Name: Used for drama when Leo starts doubting everything he thought he knew about himself and his position in the team after North Korea.
- Transformation Conventions: Obviously the leader is a lion. What did you expect?
- Kira: What are you doing here, anyway?Jason: Uh, looking for you, actually. I just followed the burning mayhem.
- Action Girl: Is she ever.
- Battle Couple: Half of one with Jason, until they mutually decided to break up in chapter seven.
- Beta Couple: Again with Jason.
- Clingy Jealous Girl: To Taylor over Jason for most of the first story arc. She only manages to calm down and warm up to the poor girl in the last five pages or so.
- Deadpan Snarker: She has her moments in the second story arc.
- Fighting Your Friend: Taylor hardly counted as Kira's friend at that point in the story, though.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Somewhere between Choleric and Melancholic.
- The Lancer: To Leo's The Hero.
- Playing with Fire: To the point where Jason has accused her of having "raging pyromania".
- Poor Communication Kills: A literal Cat Fight ensues between her and Onca when Onca tries to explain that they've been fighting for the wrong side all along and that Ari is actually Oosterhuis.
- Required Secondary Powers: Tigris seems to have hers, considering she noted that napalm "tickled a bit".
- Scars Are Forever: In 8.10, due to her carelessness, Tigris got half of her face blown off. While Pardus was there to heal her before she died, she still got scarred.
- "Shut Up" Kiss: Tries this to Jason when he's having an identity crisis in chapter seven. Subverted when Jason gently pushes her away.
- Sink-or-Swim Mentor: To Taylor, albeit very heavy on the "Sink"-bit.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Taylor's girly girl.
- Tsundere: Very strongly type A, only opening up to Jason in the beginning.
- "That's the "right behind you" look, isn't it. Man, I hate that look.
- Beta Couple: He and Taylor are this to Jason/Kira.
- Beware the Nice Ones: Pardus gets quite dangerous.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass: He acts totally goofy until things get serious.
- Blow You Away
- Calling the Old Man Out: To Ari/Oosterhuis: " I only serve ONE God, and it ain't YOU."
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Sanguine.
- Genre Savvy: Pardus shows plenty. Amongst other things, he's lampshaded Calling Your Attacks here, Let's Split Up, Gang here and Right Behind Me here.
- Nice Hat: Pardus seems fond of them.
- Parental Abandonment: Fletcher's mother was a hooker; she never even knew who his father was. He lived in foster care until his gay dads adopted him.
- The Smart Guy
- Trust Password: Pardus is the subject of one. When Leo had to verify a message from him via Onca to Tigris and Pardus, Leo told her that Pardus dyes his fur.
- "Everything seems to happen so fast lately, and I'm so confused — I don't wanna ruin this team more than I already have —"
- Beta Couple: Forms one to Jason/Kira with Fletcher.
- Carnivore Confusion: As the newest member, it's to be expected. Tigris was not amused.
- The Chick
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Supine.
- Let's Get Dangerous: Aristotle finds this out the hard way.
- My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels: Onca just couldn't get the hang of Growl in the beginning.
- Naïve Newcomer: Very much so.
- Poor Communication Kills: A result of My Hovercraft Is Full of Eels, Onca couldn't explain at all to Tigris why she was trying to tell them Ari is Oosterhuis. Tigris responded violently.
- Premature Empowerment: When Taylor is asked to join the Adventuring Club, she agrees... and then they knocked her out and injected with gene-altering treatments to turn her into a were-jaguar with elemental powers. It's only after that that she hears what the Adventuring Club really is.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly girl to Kira's tomboy.
Richard Reynder/Aristotle/Søren Oosterhuis
- "I am Aristotle. I am ÆTHER!"
- A God Am I
- Back from the Dead: Either this or He's Just Hiding.
- The Big Guy
- Broken Pedestal
- Five-Bad Band: Seems to be setting this up.
- Four-Temperament Ensemble: Phlegmatic.
- Nietzsche Wannabe
- One-Winged Angel
- The Reveal: Ari is Oosterhuis. Moreover, he suffers from a massive case of A God Am I and he's got powers stronger than Panthera when they're on their own.
- Treacherous Advisor
- Well-Intentioned Extremist: At first, anyway...