Characters: Mutant Ninja Turtles Gaiden
This is a character sheet for the original webcomic, Mutant Ninja Turtles Gaiden.Spoilers below. Don't read if you don't want to find out what happens.
- The Atoner: Leaves so he can make amends for causing the death of Splinter.
- Enemy Mine: Works with the Foot Clan to eliminate the bloodline linked to the curse.
- Enemy Within: The dark emotions brought out by the Curse have manifested into a split personality of sorts.
- Kimono: He looks cool and mature with one now.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Condemning Sayako's father to death hit him hard. Killing a child only made things worse.
- Promotion to Parent: This would have been the case following Splinter's death if Leo didn't leave immediately afterward.
- Parental Abandonment: When you consider Leonardo's role after the death of Master Splinter, his self-exile to Japan when his brothers needed him most qualified as this trope.
- Cheshire Cat Grin: On occasion, but given when tends to make him happy nowadays, it comes off as extra creepy.
- Hearing Voices: Hears who he thinks is Master Splinter, constantly encouraging his mad work. It's actually the demons of the sword.
- I Reject Your Reality: Symbolized by his "monocle", which is actually a virtual reality simulator.
- Mad Scientist:
- With particularly emphasis on the "mad" part. Donatello is seriously fucked up in the head.
- The mini comic strips tend play this off more as Rule of Funny.
- Mind Rape: Even after 17 years, he's still under the curse's control.
- Necro Mantic: He is convinced he can use his science skills to bring Splinter back to life.
- Stalker with a Test Tube: A varient. Donatello wants Renoir's DNA. He wants to study it to see if Renior's blood can help him with his main project.
- Simple Staff: Kept his bo staff even after resigning to the labs.
- The Alcoholic: His habit of binge drinking when stressed only makes his temper worse.
- Blood Knight: He's only really happy when he's fighting someone.
- Brooklyn Rage: Lampshaded by Davianna
- Drowning My Sorrows: If he can't get out his anger via fighting, he gets it out this way instead.
- Eyepatch of Power: Acquired after he loses his eye due to the events of the Prologue.
- G-Rated Drug: In the 4Kama, it's cereal.
- Scars Are Forever: Justified because he often reopens his wounds when particularly depressed.
- Stern Teacher: To Renoir, as a way to keep focus. Sadly, it often goes past stern to abusive.
- My Greatest Failure: Blames himself for what happened to Splinter.
- What the Hell, Hero?: Lashes out at Mikey when he discovers his novels are based on Splinter's death.
- He's Back: Beautifully done in chapter fourteen. But specifically on page seventeen:Mikey: "Cowabunga, Douchebags. Mikeys back in the house."
- Muse Abuse: Michaelangelo used the events of the past to drive his novels, but it caused a physical altercation between him and Raphael as well as the kidnapping of Davianna and Shadow by the Foot Clan. The latter consequences were unintentional and he felt guilty afterwards.
- 10-Minute Retirement: Seventeen years after the tragic event.
- Fate Worse Than Death: Picasso-Splinter in the mini comic. That is all.
- Killed Off for Real: When trying to protect his sons from the curse, no less.
- People Jars: This revelation, while not being a total surprise, is really creepy and makes you wonder how obsessed Donatello is with getting what he wants.
- Brooklyn Rage
- Cool Old Guy: He's in his forties now and still as cool as he was before.
- Large Ham: Shouts about "Heavenly Justice!" while kicking ass, amongst other terms. Shadow has taken after him in this as well as her vigilantism.
- Ambiguous Situation: Is he Augustus Amhearst or not? Or something in between?
- Appropriated Appellation: Raphael picked his name out of a newspaper article.
- Character Development: Starts out as self-centered and in denial of his situation, but is slowly maturing into a better person and fighter.
- Chivalrous Pervert
- Dual Tonfas: The weapon he is given by his master, Raphael.
- The Faceless: 17 chapters, and we never had a shot of Augustus' face. Even in flashbacks, he's never shown.
- Good Thing You Can Heal: If only he realized it himself.
- Healing Factor: Renoir has healed from all of injuries relatively quickly. He lost an eye after being kicked by a Foot Ninja, but it grew back. No wonder why Donatello is obsessed with him.
- It's All About Me: Shadow tells him that's his biggest problem. He's learning to grow out of it.
- Morality Pet: Renior is this to Raphael. He has been slowly, but surely helping Raphael return to a normal mindset.
- New Meat: Has understandable trouble adjusting to the ninja turtle lifestyle, especially under the tutelage of a broken Raphael. A lot of his story reads like a TMNT Self-Insert fic gone horribly wrong.
- Action Girl
- Bully Hunter: Pervert Hunter, more like it, though she does believe strongly in justice like her father.
- Calling Your Attacks: "JUSTICE KICK!"
- Clark Kenting: Wears a mask, but can't fool anyone that knows her when they hear her voice.
- Happily Adopted: She even considers the turtles her Honorary Uncles.
- Super Drowning Skills: She can't swim.
- Vigilante Girl
- Break the Cutie: Nothing good happens to Davianna
- The Chick
- Interspecies Romance: Not yet, but she was betrothed to Augustus, and she didn't break with him after he became Renoir. They have a formal deal of only kissing at age eighteen, though.
- Cheerful Child
- Ill Girl: Donnie pulling her through toxic gas left her with asthma.
- Oblivious Younger Sibling: She thinks that her brother's funeral was staged and he's now become an actor who plays the role of a mutant turtle studying with fellow actor Raphael.
- Please Wake Up: Doesn't understand death at first.