Characters: Mork and Mindy
- Played by Robin Williams
- Alien Among Us
- Amusing Alien: Would you expect an alien played by Robin Williams to be anything but funny?
- Berserk Button: Mork is hard to enrage, but messing with Mindy or Mearth is a good way to do it.
- Bizarre Alien Biology: Orkans age backwards, hatch from eggs, and laugh uncontrollably instead of sneezing.
- Blunt Metaphors Trauma: Mork sometimes misunderstands human expressions. Justified somewhat by Mork's alien nature.
- Catch Phrase: Nanu nanu.
- Characterization Marches On/ Retcon: People who see Mork's original appearance on Happy Days after watching this series are likely to be shocked at what a Jerkass he originally was and that his appearance was said to have been All Just a Dream in that episode. Oddly enough All Just a Dream was a hurdle that another Happy Days spinoff (the long-forgotten Out of the Blue, which featured an angel as its protagonist) had to overcome as well.
- Fantastic Anthropologist: Mork's job is essentially to observe humans in their natural habitat.
- Humorless Aliens: Mork has difficulty comprehending earth humor.
- Innocent Aliens
- My Species Doth Protest Too Much: Mork is chosen as Earth observer because his constant displays of humor make him out of place on Ork. This alienness only gets worse (and spreads to other areas) as Mork spends more time on Earth.
- Nice Guy: Mork is mostly pacifistic, good with kids, and humorous.
- Papa Wolf: Functional Magic powers + Protectiveness = Big Trouble if you hurt Mearth.
- Played by Pam Dawber
- Alliterative Name
- Cloudcuckoolander's Minder: Mindy spends a lot of time explaining things to Mork and making sure his strangeness doesn't get him in trouble or reveal his alien origins.
- Daddy's Girl: Mindy and Mr. McConnell are very close. Somewhat justified in that Mindy's mother died when she was little, so her father was the one who raised her.
- First Girl Wins: Mork dated other girls, but Mindy ended up becoming his wife.
- Girl Next Door
- Happily Married: To Mork for most of the last season.
- Interspecies Friendship —> Interspecies Romance.
- Nice Girl: She patiently puts up with Mork's eccentricities.
- Single Woman Seeks Good Man: Or alien.
- Straight Woman: Not that she has much choice.
Fred and Cora McConnell
- Cool Old Lady: Grandma Cora rides a motorcycle and prefers modern music to the classical which Mindy's father likes.
- Put on a Bus / The Bus Came Back: They were absent for the second season, but Mr. McConnell returned.
- Straight Man: Mindy's father even more so than she.
- Cloudcuckoolander: Maybe even more so than Mork.
- Crazy Homeless People
- Funny Schizophrenia: He talks to people who aren't there and holds an ever-changing set of unusual beliefs.
- Awful Wedded Life: He wasn't too close to his wife from a one-off comment that he made, although this could be his own fault.
- Cranky Neighbor: most of his character.
- Pet the Dog: Quite literally. While grumpy to most people, he dotes on his dog, Bickie.
- Tsundere: Mr. Bickley is a rare male example. He acts harsh, but every time someone shows him kindness, he becomes adorable.
Remo and Gina DaVinci
- Famous-Named Foreigner: The two have the name "DaVinci." Mork even calls Remo "Leonardo's boy" when he first meets him.