One of the main stars of the longest, and longest running, series of arcs in the series to date. A member of the secretive order of the Sondeckis, a Southern mage clan who use a massive well of internal energy, Charles came to Metamor Keep after the casting of the Curses for his own secretive purposes, and was changed into a rat afterwards. Although he initially and vehemently sought to avoid conflict, he has a nearly miraculous knack for attracting trouble.
- Author Avatar: Charles is this for his writer, who even uses his character's name as his pseudonym on the archives.
- Badass: One of the foremost examples of this trope in universe. Despite being Cursed as a rat, Charles still manifests his clan's powers, and is a formidable fighter as a result. More recently, he has been training as a knight as well, adding even further to his skills.
- Badass Pacifist: Starts out as one due to his refusal to fight. Despite this, many of his friends knew he was a capable fighter because he had manifested his powers in anger previously, crushing things easily that should have taken someone with far more power than he possessed.
- Kamehame Hadoken: Sondecks possess the ability to project the force of a punch through the air for several feet. It is actually projected through the air and not through ki, however, so the most efficient defense against it has been shown to simply be cutting through the blast of air with a V gesture. This defense has both been used by and against Charles.
- Real Life Writes the Plot: Most of one of the earliest arcs involves this characters relationship and eventual marriage to a recently arrived woman who was also changed into a rat. Behind the scenes, the author was inserting his girlfriend into the story throughout this arc and reading the stories to her. While reading her the very touching scene near the end where his character finally proposes, the author took the opportunity to propose to his girlfriend as well. The two of them have been happily married ever since.
A human who was turned into a tree at the battle of three gates.
A wolf morph and Metamor's high priestess of the Lothanasi faith.
- Flat Earth Atheist: She believes the "gods" that she regularly deals with are nothing more than super-powerful beings who trade a portion of their power for worship and other favors.
- High Priestess
- Religion Ismagic: Draws upon the gods' mana for spells, can also summon them to request stronger favors.