open/close all folders
Tropes relating to all the Guardians mostly
The first Guardian seen and their leader, she appears as a massive bird.
The second Guardian seen, Drak is known as the Dragon King and resides in Dragon Valley, which is Ulf's old home. He gives the party their first orb, then is later killed by Emelious
The third Guardian the party meets, he is a massive goat that is stated to guard the entire mainland by a girl in the Baccula Settlement, but likely only takes care of the Baccula region. He gives the party an orb as Drak did, after literally shouting a Versphere closed. Emelious kills him too, but his death is never seen.
- Killed Off Screen
- The Medic: Yoat's Orb is described as the "ultimate healing power," and indeed heals the entire party and revives anyone who has happened to bite it back to full health when used.
- Punny Name: Yoat is a giant goat.
The fourth Guardian the party meets, he is a giant horse-like being that guards the Vejas Jungle area, and like all the Guardians the party meets (with the exception of Gryph and Xorn
, of course), gives an Orb. Confronts Emelious by teleporting outside of the Veja Ruins when the godkiller arrives and promptly gets beheaded.
- Horse of a Different Color
- Playing with Fire: Fire appears under him as he creates his orb to give to the party.
- Status Buff: His orb gives the effects of WOW! (fire-elemental Attack raising spell), Diggin' (earth-elemental defensive spell), and Runner (wind-elemental speed spell) to the entire party.
The last Guardian met by the party aside from Xorn, after they are left thinking all the Guardians have been killed by Emelious. Is the only one shown in the game to not have died at Emelious's hand. Turns out she's been dead for a while and only managed to stick around because she desperately wanted to see the party and help them to defeat Xorn.
Gives the party their last and most powerful orb.
- Dead All Along: Remarked on by Alfina after receiving Unama's Orb, in which she states how Unama will be able to rest now.
- Heroic Dolphin
- Time Stands Still: The effect of Unama's Orb. It works on ANYTHING that's not the player characters, even bosses.
XornSee Other for tropes relating to the Big Bad.
Sky Captain Schmidt