Characters: Get Fuzzy
- Anti-Hero: Type IV, bordering on Type V.
- Big Eater: Though not to Satchel's extent.
- Boisterous Weakling: The only fight he's really "won" is against a very elderly cat who fell asleep while gumming him.
- Casanova Wannabe
- Cats Are Mean
- Cloud Cuckoolander
- Jerk Ass
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: He has his moments.
- Know-Nothing Know-It-All: Has a tendency to use words without knowing the definition, once describing himself as "highly intergalactic."Rob: Now I know that's not what you meant, but it is, in fact, a true statement.
- Large Ham
- Smug Snake
- Small Name, Big Ego
- Trademark Favorite Food: Tuna. He's even made smoothies out of it.
- Used to Be a Sweet Kid: Rob found him alone and scared in the trash as a kitten. There was a time where he was too afraid to even leave Satchel's side
- Berserk Button: Calling his friends Eurotrash.
- Big Eater
- Extreme Omnivore: Although he prefers to put cheese-whiz on garbage so that it'll taste better.
- Beware the Nice Ones: On the rare ocasions he's lost his temper it's terrifying.
- Camp Straight: He likes a lot of frilly, "feminine" things.
- Character Development: He started out pretty much taking all of Bucky's abuse with barely a complaint but as time's gone on he's noticabley snarkier towards him and will actually stand up to Bucky.
- Crouching Moron, Hidden Badass
- Deadpan Snarker: Seems to be growing into one of these towards Bucky.
- Dogs Are Dumb
- Large Ham: Not quite as much as Bucky, but he's quite capable of stealing the strip when excited or panicked.
- Nice Guy
- The Nicknamer: Nicknames all of the objects in the house.
- Trademark Favorite Food: Cheese
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: With Oreo.
- "Well Done, Son!" Guy: His dad isn't remotely happy that his son turned out to be a house pet.
- Berserk Button: Don't say "Bucky Dent" around him.
- Mentioning the New York Yankees in general, really.
- Butt Monkey: Slightly.
- Deadpan Snarker
- Important Haircut: Bucky accidental putting some hair remover in his shampoo (Bucky meant it for himself) caused Rob to go bald for a while before growing his hair back shorter, soon after which he stopped wearing his Opaque Nerd Glasses.
- No Respect Guy: His pets don't even believe that he's the one who stocks the "magic cabinet" with food.
- Only Sane Man
- Opaque Nerd Glasses: Early on in the strip's run. Later it's stated that he switched to contacts, but his glasses still show up from time to time.
- Straight Man
- Token Human
- Unlucky Everydude
- You Need to Get Laid: What Francis seems to think.
- Badass: Not that outwitting Bucky is hard, but he does it with irony and style!
- Silent Snarker
- Sitcom Arch-Nemesis: To Bucky.
- Talking with Signs: During those times he needs to communicate with words.
- Wicked Weasel: Averted. He's friendly most of the time, and only fights Bucky in retaliation.
- Badass Pacifist: He managed to stop a fight between Bucky and Fungo with a massive bear hug.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted. One of the few in the strip that does so.
- Gentle Giant
- Stout Strength: If he gives you a hug, you are very definitely getting a hug.
- He does 200 Hug-Ups and Buddy Crunches a day.
Mac Manc Mcmanx:
- Adorkable: Unlike Bucky, he's not that abrasive.
- Alliterative Name
- Butt Monkey: He was beaten by his girlfriend and mistaken for a terrorist, so yeah.
- Cats Are Mean: Averted, he's pretty likable.
- Drop-In Character
- Funny Foreigner
- Nice Hat
- The Slacker: Considering just how long he's been secretly squatting in Rob's apartment...
- The Unintelligible: At first, he was almost completely this trope, speaking in some sort of odd mish-mash of several British dialects. Later on, he became more understandable.
- Badass Boast: Threatens to turn Bucky into Tender Vittles.
- Big Eater: Gets 9 orders of pork from a take-out place. Justified as Rob's Mom had her on a vegetarian diet.
- Vegetarian Carnivore: Invoked by Rob's Mom, though Buttercup isn't the least bit happy about it.
- Only Known by Their Nickname:Thinks he's this because he often hears "Get the *bleep* off the counter!".
Stank Lloyd Wrong:
- Berserk Button: Don't tell him the Sears Tower is larger than the Petrona's Towers. It won't end well for you.
- No Celebrities Were Harmed: His name is a parody of famed architect Frank Lloyd Wright.
- Affably Evil
- Loan Shark
- The Mafia: Cat version.
- Threat Backfire: Twice. His attempt to blackmail Rob into paying Bucky's debt ended with Rob threatening to call animal control and the second with him threatening to kill Rob and Satchel only for Bucky to not care and actually encourage him.
- Black Best Friend: There is one strip that does mention his race; he and Rob are discussing some unknown incident of prejudice against him when Bucky interrupts by saying he's more of a "burnt sienna" and goes to look for some paint chips. The ridiculous interruption makes Joe laugh.
- Put on a Bus: Hasn't appeared lately.
- Shadow Archetype: To Rob. While Rob is a vegetarian, he dosen't force it on his pets, while Mrs. Wilco forces Buttercup to become a vegetarian.
- Stepford Smiler
- Hair-Trigger Temper: He cannot manage his anger well. At all.
- Jerkass: His reaction to meeting his son for the first time in years is to berate him for being a housepet and say he's done nothing.
- Shadow Archetype: To Satchel. A cold domeneering Jerkass with a Hair-Trigger Temper in contrast to his freindly affiable son with saintlike patience.
- Generation Xerox: It's clear where her son got it from, as evidenced by her only onscreen actions being sticking up for Satchel and then giving him a big hug.
- Oblivious to Love: Has no idea Satchel has a crush on her.
- Forgotten Childhood Friend: Satchel hangs out with him almost every year but he forgets most of the time.
- The Brute
- Hidden Heart of Gold: Ends up hugging Rob when he realizes he has to live with Bucky every day.
- Hulk Speak
- The Sociopath