- After Rob tells a female coworker that Bucky was being "funny" that morning:
Coworker: Aw, you have a funny kitty? What kind of cute stories can you tell?
Rob: "Cute" stories? My cat?! Oh....No, no. He's not funny in a "ha ha" kind of way. It's more of a "Good Lord, no!" kind of deal.
- This strip from an arc about the strip's new editor:
Bucky: Excuse me, I am inquiring as to when we will be dinnerfying tonight.
Bucky: Dinnerying. Session de chew. Eatification.
Rob: You know, I don't think your editor's very smart...
Bucky: Nonsense. Me editor am smartastic.
- Bucky's paranoia gets validated.
- How to handle 3rd party voters.
- "MUPPET KILLER!"
- Bucky writes a cover blurb for his own as-yet-unwritten book.
- All your treat are belong to us. A reference, of course, to the infamous line "All your base are belong to us" from the intro to Zero Wing.
- The water dish "system."
- Bucky's favorite card game.
- Insane Troll Logic at its finest.
- Another Bucky Noodle Incident.
- After Satchel has a "dog conference" with all the neighborhood dogs, Bucky tries to convince Rob to let him have a "cat conference". Rob doesn't let him, since every cat Bucky knows is just as mean and psychotic as he. Bucky tries another tactic...
Bucky: Okay, Robbo, let's talk deals here. What's it gonna take for you to let me have my cat conference here?
: Nothing. I seriously doubt you could even swear on the Good Book
enough that nothing disastrous would happen to make me change my mind.
*Bucky walks away, returns 15 minutes later, holding a book*
Rob: What is that...Richard Scarry's Best Rainy Day Book Ever?
Bucky: It's a very good book.
- In one storyline, another cat says that Bucky owes him money. The reason? Bucky bet that the Patriots would win the World Series. note
- Also counts as a slight Heartwarming moment too, as one Christmas, Bucky gives Satchel a present (at Rob's insistence): a photo of the two of them, displayed in a frame with "best friends" engraved on it. Satchel is overcome with emotion.
Satchel: I promised myself I wouldn't cry.
Bucky: I promised myself I wouldn't let you cry.
- Satchel asks Rob for another advance in his allowance to start a magazine subscription, but since he's asked for numerous advances before, Rob tells him anymore and he'll have to go to work.
Satchel: WORK?! ME?! I CAN'T GO TO WORK! I'M TOO PRETTY!!!
Rob: Satchel, you're confusing work for prison.
Bucky: And you're not pretty.
- One strip in which the Wilco clan has finished dinner.
Satchel: Mmm! That was a good dinner!
Rob: (Holding his stomach) Yeah, but I'm not feeling too good. That sandwich didn't agree with me.
Bucky: Man, you can't be taking no jive from food, you need to show that hoagie who's boss!
Bucky: I mean, it sounds like you're afraid of this sandwich, and that's just sad.