- One comic has the refrigerator light burn out, and Garfield, thinking it was never bright enough anyway, replaces it with a HUGE Bulb. Soon, Jon is headed for the fridge looking for a midnight snack. The final panel has light shooting out of every window and the chimney and Jon yelling for Garfield.
- Garfield watching a cheesy romantic movie that consists entirely of "John! Marsha!" for 4 panels streight. he changes the channel and Face Palms when he gets "George! Shirley!"
- Two different successful attempts at randomness, both involving vines: one coming out of nowhere inside the house, and another being used to rescue Garfield from a ginormous bowl of oatmeal.
- Almost any gag involving the Spluts. One particularly impressive one is coupled with Medium Awareness.
- Garfield trying out a whole bunch of exotic bird calls. While it initially appears nothing happened, which gives Garfield the line "Maybe I 'nicked' when I should have 'greeeebeled,'" there's a whole bunch of exotic birds standing right behind him.
- A scene with Garfield watching TV: "The court calls Gouda May Freegenweegenswallodribbenfraxenlaxenismabittle to the stand. Be seated, Mrs. Freegenweegenswallodribbenfraxenlaxenismabittle. Please state your name." Cue Face Palm in the third panel.
- When Garfield's jealousy of Liz reaches new heights...
Jon: [on the phone] Liz, I think Garfield's jealous of you.
[Garfield enters wearing a bathrobe, house slippers, and hair curlers]
Garfield: You're talking to that woman again, aren't you?!
Jon: [deadpan] Liz, I know Garfield's jealous of you.
- Jon explaining a double date to his brother:
Doc Boy: What's a double date?
Jon: That's when you and I go on a date together.
Doc Boy: Gee, it seems like it would be more fun if some girls came along.
- That time when Garfield deals with his Shoulder Donuts.
- "What a beautiful day. I think I'll stay in bed all day."
- "When I'm off this diet, I'm going to eat lasagna, cake, ice cream, mashed potatoes.. I just gained two pounds!"
- "BEAN ME!" said Garfield on a massive caffeine bender.
- Jon eats the pets food in fear of being smacked into.
- Jon here REALLY WANTS TO DATE!
- Jon running out of coffee.
- Any strip involving "The Sludge Monster", plus the episode of Garfield and Friends it was adapted into.
- "Never be condescending to a cat." Definitely one of Garfield's crabbier moments.
- "We'll be right back after this word from our sponsor!" "Sasquatch". "Welcome back!"
- It's incredible that that week of strips with the dog falling on Garfield never reached Memetic Mutation status.
- I SAT ON A MOUSETRAP!
- "What more could a man want?" "How about a woman?"
- Jon scaring off his date by talking about stamp collecting.
Waiter: I collect bottle caps.
Jon: OH SHUT UP!
- Jon and Garfield have gotten so used to Jon's mum's annual Homemade Sweater From Hell, that when she makes Garfield a good sweater, Jon and Garfield become worried.
- It's not Christmas without the Inflatable Santa.
- The "Piece Of Dangling String" show!
- Anything involving the talking scale.
- In one Sunday strip, Garfield gets a phone call telling him he can get a grand prize if he answers two questions: what is the sound a cat makes, and what is the sound a dog makes? Garfield answers the first one correctly, but the second one...he messes that one up deliberately.
- An earlier comic has Garfield winning a new house by correctly answering "What sound does a Felis domesticus (house cat) make?" He does this by meowing into the phone, but then the announcer asks for his name and address. In the next panel, Garfield has fainted, and the announcer is asking, "And how do you spell your name, Mr. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrggghhh?"
- When Garfield wakes up one morning and Jon decides to go jogging...Garfield falls right back to sleep.
- A later strip has Jon waking Garfield up at five in the morning to go jogging... then promptly yawns and falls asleep next to him in his jogging clothes. "I knew that nonsense wouldn't last long."
- Another strip has Jon waking Garfield at 5 AM to watch the sunset. Garfield's response: "Alright. You can do it from the ambulance".
- A comic shows Garfield using the Puppy-Dog Eyes trick on Liz to get some cookies. But just then, Liz did it right back at him...making Garfield give his food to her and head over to Jon. His response to that? "She's good."
- "Billy Brick wants a fudge bar."
- "You fat greedy pig!◊ I oughta shave you bald and put you out in the cold!"
- One comic gives us Garfield using an ironing board as a surf board in the shower stall, resulting in a very startled Jon as his cat shoots out of the stall on a huge wave shouting "COWABUNGA!" when he opens the door.
"Why can't you just bat a piece of string like other cats?!"
- Another example of TV-viewing:
TV voice: It's the "Binky the Clown Show"!
TV voice: Today is "Health Day," kids! Let's see who's at the door...
TV voice: Why, it's "Petey," the bloated tick!
Garfield: That is one ugly puppet.
- Garfield is served dinner:
Jon: Oh, come on, Garfield. The cat food isn't that bad.
Garfield: Then let's see how YOU like it! [Shoves some of the food into Jon's mouth]
Jon: mmm good.
- Jon refusing to understand love stories don't have car chases.
Liz: This is a great love story.
Jon: Are there car chases?
Liz: It's a love story.
Jon: Do they go over cliffs?
Liz: It's a love story.
Jon: Do the cars explode?
Liz: (angry) Yes! The whole world explodes!
Garfield: Turn it up!
- "Coming up next, a local man is gored by his own lawn gnome.◊"
- Let's just say anything involving the TV.
- Garfield attempts to prank a sleeping Odie with sneezing powder. It backfires.
- Jon wants to put aside doing chores and just rest without guilt.◊
- "I'm still asleep, aren't I?"
- In this strip, Garfield's attempt to kill a housefly might remind some readers of a certain six-year-old boy.
- Garfield tries turning younger by changing the date on the calendar.
- Jon can be such a jinx sometimes.
- "Garfield, why don't you get up and do something?"
- "I need a 5/16 drill bit."
- This fanmade video. It's intentionally So Bad, It's Good.
- Garfield makes a wish.
- "There is a wise man on top of this mountain."
- Garfield tries his hand at making lemonade.