open/close all folders
- Big Brother Bully: In order to make sure Gertie doesn't tell their mom about E.T, Elliot and Michael invoke this by threatening to torture her toy doll.
- Middle Child Syndrome:Invoked because he's the middle child between Michael and Gertie.
- Psychic Powers: Telepathy and telekinesis.
- Big Brother Bully: At first Michael teases Elliot mercilessly, until he shows Michael E.T for the first time.
- Big Brother Instinct: In the beginning of the film, he bullies both Elliot, and Gertie (the latter to a lesser extent), but becomes far more protective of them as the film progresses.
- Skewed Priorities: "We're all gonna die and they're never gonna give me my license!"
- Annoying Younger Sibling: Elliot tends to think she is this more so than Michael.
- The Baby of the Bunch: Justified as she's the youngest out of her siblings.
- Girlish Pigtails: She has her hair in pigtails throughout the film.
- Little Miss Snarker: She's very snarky for a five year old.
- Outnumbered Sibling: She's the only girl with two older brothers.
- Screams Like a Little Girl: Justified as she's a 5 year old girl who's just seen an alien for the first time.
- Tom Boy: Given that she's 5 years old, with two brothers who are 10 and 16, it's not surprising that she is one.
- Parental Obliviousness: Often fails to spot E.T. when he's mere feet away from her.