Characters: Detective Conan Police Officers Outside Of Tokyo And Osaka
open/close all folders
Dub Name Change: Inspector Worthington.
- Anime Hair: Ayumi remarks at one point that it resembles coral.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: Look at the picture.
- Meaningful Name: "Sango", when written with certain kanji, can mean "coral". His hair, as said above, is shaped like coral.
- Not Good with People: He can be quite loud and "in-your-face" to civilians.
- Polar Opposite Twins: With Jugo.
- Running Gag: People complaining about his loud voice or his Hands-On Approach.
- Theme Twin Naming: Sango can mean 3 and 5. Jugo can mean 15. 3 * 5 = 15.
- Twin Switch: Jugo has done this for him once or twice.
- Underestimating Badassery: Somehow he believes Kogoro can only solve a case as Sleeping Kogoro, and he thinks Kogoro in "normal mode" is much less smarter. Although it is true to an extent, Sango played this trope straight in a case where It's Personal for Kogoro, as Eri became the prime suspect.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Can't swim since he's terrified of water and the ocean.
Voiced by Akio Ohtsuka (JP)Sango's twin younger brother, also a police officer.
Voiced by Toshio Furukawa (JP)Mandatory Naming Note: Yamamura's name comes from mystery writer Misa Yamamura.A quirky, child-like police officer from the Gunma prefecture.
- Afraid of Blood: Somewhat of a handicap for a policeman.
- The Chew Toy: Whenever he appears, something weird or funny will happen to him.
- Clueless Detective: Unlike other police officers in the series, he is still extremely clueless even after his promotion as Inspector.
- Fanboy: Of Yukiko and Kogoro. Doesn't stop him from accusing them of murder at the drop of a hat, though.
- Na´ve Newcomer: When he appeared, he had just been appointed to his workplace.
A rough-looking policeman from Nagano. He's currently one of the prime suspects of being Rum of the Black Organization, the other being his direct boss Kuroda.Mandatory Naming Note: Yamato's name comes from Yamamoto Kansuke (山本勘助), the strategist of Takeda Shingen. This is even pointed out by Conan during the Red Wall Case.
- Big Ol' Eyebrows: To emphasize his badass and serious attitude.
- Embarrassing Nickname: Doesn't like it when his childhood friend Uehara call him "Kan-chan".
- Eye Scream: Happened to him during a snow avalanche, which also injured his leg.
- Good Scars, Evil Scars: Two on his now useless left eye.
- Handicapped Badass: Have you seen how he fought the Killer Of The Week's thugs in his introductory case? He is almost qualified as One-Man Army if only Conan ad Heiji weren't present there.
- Rugged Scar: Has a "X" scar that took out his right eye due to a snow avalanche.
Voiced by: Ami KoshimizuYamato's direct subordinate, as well as a childhood friend.
- A Day in the Limelight: She's finally shown working outside of Yamato's shadow in the Red Woman case.
- Tsundere: At times she has textbook tsundere-like reactions to Yamato, like when she blushes and tells him she won't worry for his sake anymore after he takes an almost fatal gambit to capture a killer that has been preying on policemen like them.
- Unlucky Childhood Friend: Implied to be this for Yamato.
- Widow Woman: Even more so: her introductory case involved her husband's murder. Ouch.
Voiced by: Sho HayamiYamato's fellow policeman, classmate and rival.Mandatory Naming Note: Nicknamed "Koumei", after famed strategist Zhuge Liang from Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Events from Zhuge Liang's life are referenced throughout his introductory case.
- Alternate Character Reading: "Taka'aki" can also be read as "Koumei", which is pronounced the same way as the Japanese translation of Zhuge Liang's courtesy name.
- In-Series Nickname: "Koumei".
- Reassigned to Antarctica: Was transferred to another department after disobeying orders in order to find Yamato, who had gone missing.
- Red Oni, Blue Oni: The calmer, collected Blue Oni to Yamato's hot-tempered Red Oni.
- Screw the Rules, I'm Doing What's Right: Disobeyed orders in order to look for Yamato after he went missing, and was punished for it.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: Both Yamato nor Morofushi are willing to risk their careers and even lives to help each other. Neither will admit it.
- Write Who You Know: Stated In-Universe to be the inspiration for a Kid Detective story titled ''The Koumei from Class 2-A", written by another childhood friend of Yamato's and Morofushi's. It's Morofushi's favourite book. (It's also implied that the main character's rival was inspired by Yamato.)
Voiced by: Ryōtarō OkiayuAn Inspector and Detective from the Kyoto Police district.
- Canon Foreigner: Has appeared only in two movies (Crossroads in the Ancient Capital and The Raven Chaser)
- Non-Human Sidekick: An incredibly cute chipmunk. Which he takes everywhere.
- Tall, Dark and Snarky: Is a pretty tall fellow, with dark hair and eyes and a very dry wit.
- Unusual Eyebrows: Very small ones that look a LOT like Japanese mask marks.
An inspector from the Saitama area.
- Canon Foreigner: Only appears in The Raven Chaser.
The First Division Chief from the Nagano Police, as well as Yamato and Yui's direct superior. He's currently the prime suspect for Rum's identity.
- Da Chief: One of the highest-ranking police officers in Nagano, and as said above he's the boss of both Yui and Yamato. 920 reveals that Kuroda has been reassigned to Tokyo as the replacement for the other Da Chief of the series, Superintendent Matsumoto, further fueling the speculations about him being Rum.
- Eye Scream: He lost his right eye, but it's not been explained how.
- Large and In Charge: A tall and solidly-built man, with a rather high rank within Nagano Police and later, within Tokyo Police.
- Two-Faced: The right side of his face is covered in scars, almost surely coming from whatever incident robbed him of his eye.