open/close all folders
"You ever do something that you knew wasn't going to help, but you did it anyway?"
- Amnesiac Hero: He reveals in a long night. that he doesn't remember anything about his childhood or past. Not even his own name.
- The Big Board: His chart of alliances on the wall of his apartment in The Coffin.
- Blood from the Mouth:
- Creepy Blue Eyes: Caught's eyes while sleepwalking in Rule #1
- Deadpan Snarker: The sarcasm readings are off the charts with this one.
- Defiant to the End: In "A Dark Place" Even after being beaten almost to death, Caught continues to tempt fate, saying "You still can't take me."
- Do Not Taunt Cthulhu: Caught leaves a gift for the 'slender man' as a God Test, resulting in a critical Skepticism Failure in "For Your Review".
- Empty Shell: He seems to have been left as this in the wake of Aftermath.
- Evil Twin: Actually, he has three of them. And they are puppets.
- For Your Own Good: His rationale for telling Natalie to go home and forget about him in The Umbrella.
- HAHAHA–No: He pulls one of these in Vlog 3.
- Human Notepad: In unknown footage when Caught discovers his arm is covered in the word "RUN." note
- Identity Amnesia: He is simply called Caught and claims to not remember his name.
- The Insomniac: The entire reason he starts the series, in fact.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: Caught is very rough around the edges, but ultimately shows that he does care for Natalie's well-being.
- Malicious Misnaming: In vlog_03: Goodbye, Caught goes through several ridiculous alternatives to Checkers Valentine's name. It's played as an Accidental Misnaming, but the tone reveals different.
- Mocking Sing-Song: Caught's self-deprecating "I can't work a tripod" in A brand new day.
- Tempting Fate: He jokingly tries to summon Slendy by drawing an Operator symbol and leaving a twenty dollar bill in the middle.
- Tall, Dark, and Snarky
- That Mysterious Thing: a long night. Caught got in a fight. With a guy. He had a nice coat.
- Traumatic Haircut: Help3r gives Caught one of these some time between Rule#2 and A Brand New Day.
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Natalie.
- Chess Motifs: A chessboard or checkerboard appears in an early RoivasSevil video.
- Color Motif: Is strongly associated with the color blue.
- Cryptic Conversation
- It May Help You on Your Quest: The umbrella Roivas leaves for Caught in a long night. Cue the Rain.
- Nice Girl: Her attitude to the Butterflies.
- This Page Will Self-Destruct: Roivas' hint about the umbrellanote could be seen as this since it promptly caught fire after Caught found it.
"You are my sunshine..."
- Ascended Fangirl: When she was first introduced, it was as a viewer who had just managed to find where Caught was living. She has since become a main character.
- Blood from the Mouth: In Aftermath, when she gets stabbed by the evil puppet Caught.
- Buffy Speak: In Willows Peak, she has a bit of a communication breakdown trying to describe what she saw to Caught.
- Chekhov's Gunman: Caught walks by Natalie a few videos before her official introduction.
- Cowardly Lion
- Deadpan Snarker: Not as much as Caught, but is still quite snarky.
- Early-Bird Cameo: Caught walks by her a few videos before her official introduction.
- Named Weapons: Natalie's baseball bat, Franklin: Lord of the Dance.
- Only Friend: Natalie said that she and Caught are these for each other in Dead End.
- Survival Mantra: She tends to sing "You Are My Sunshine" in times of panic. Of course this is used against her as a taunt by a "Puppet Caught."
- Vitriolic Best Buds: With Caught.
- Weapon of Choice: Natalie carries a few things with her, but her most prominent tools are a pickaxe and her bat.
I Am The Help3r
"I hope you are prepared to take responsibility for advising this sheep into the fire."
- Cryptic Conversation
- Jerkass: Especially to the butterflies.
- Jerk with a Heart of Gold: There have, however, been numerous moments that show that he cares about their well-being deep-down.
- Knight Templar
- Riddle Me This: Help3r's Rule #4 poems. The answer to each riddle was the password to a door in Lansing Place.
"Welcome to the game."
- An Offer You Can't Refuse: Has made several of these, often forcing the butterflies to walk straight into its trap.
- Arch-Enemy: Mirrors has become this for the butterflies and allied players.
- The Assimilator: Seems to be this. After it took R3n3's light, it began calling itself Samadoyht (the reverse of Thyodamas, R3n 3's butterfly name), and using her image on its youtube channel.
- Come Alone: "It she we they want a single conversation, privately." *
- Cryptic Conversation
- Cut Phone Lines: It did a variation on this when it cut off all communication between the Butterflies/other viewers, and most of the major characters.
- Evil Counterpart: To Roivas, continuing it's mirror theme.
- Hive Mind: Possibly, due to the numerous pronouns it uses whenever it refers to itself.
- I Shall Taunt You: One of its favorite methods of manipulation.
- Manipulative Bastard
- Mirror Monster: There's a reason they call it Mirrors.
- Mirror Self: Based on its name and a warning from Roivas, appears to be this for butterfly and player Crusay.
- Power Parasite: Based on some of the things Yasurc has done, it may be after the butterflies' "light" to increase its power.note
- Sadistic Choice: Yasurc forced R3n 3, one of the butterflies, into one of these, causing her to sacrifice her own light to save her friend's.
- Terms of Endangerment: It calls the butterflies its "best friends", though it has made it clear it's not their friend.
- Welcome to Hell: "Welcome home"
- Chess Motifs: Is seen winning against Caught multiple times in a flashback. His blood is also found all over a chessboard, not far from his body, in Willow's Peak.
The UnknownA Runner who knows a bit about Mirrors and suggested the Weaver to the Butterflies as a solution to a member catching the attention of a killer.
- An Arm and a Leg: He lost use of one of each, due to a heroic Noodle Incident.
- Disabled Snarker
- Eccentric Mentor: He falls into this, as his sass and flippancy cover up his excellent people skills and experience.
- Psychic Link: Warren has this with the Weaver, and apparently also with those whom the Weaver helps (in this case, Paradox/Loxura).
- Squishy Wizard: His connection to the Weaver makes him invaluable, though his injuries prevent him from engaging in physical combat.
- Audience Participation: Heavy amounts of this from them, a downplayed form of the Ascended Fanbase with lots of Official Fan-Submitted Content.
- Creepy Blue Eyes: The butterflies' even glow in the Willows Peak Tape.note
- Occult Blue Eyes: In the Willows Peak tape.
- Living Battery: "Light", which powers Roivas and which Mirrors has attempted to steal.
- Ritual Magic
- Nice Job Breaking It, Hero!