Or how a series with an Unsympathetic Comedy Protagonist
steeped in sarcasm and absurd still manages to have an impressive number of Moments Of Awesome
open/close all folders
The Black Adder
- Imminent death by burning at the stake, courtesy of the Witchsmeller Pursuivant. No way out!...or is there? One dropped voodoo doll from an unexpected source later, and the Witchsmeller expires spectacularly in a ball of flames, while Edmund, Baldrick and Percy are free!
- The Rant Inducing Slight at the beginning of the final episode of the series, in which our slimy, pathetic protagonist is finally pushed too far and decides Let's Get Dangerous after being stripped of all his titles except Lord of the Privvies:
- Flashheart's entrance at the end of "Bells".
- "Bloody cheek! I'll show them!" Blackadder pulls himself out of a Heroic BSOD, saving his own life and extorting a corrupt priest for everything he's worth.
- The Great Booze-Up monologue, mentioned in the Funny page, is also this. Come on, that's some serious on-the-fly thinking to come up with an explanation that fast, from scratch, and actually make it WORK.
- Edmund and Melchett's double Groin Attack on their guards in the series two finale.
- When captured in "Chains", Edmund spends the entire time snarking at his captors.
Blackadder the Third
Blackadder Goes Forth
- The future scene from Christmas Carol, if Ebenezer Blackadder became bad.
- Although it backfires on him in the end, the fury of Ebenezer Blackadder unleashed at the end of Blackadder's Christmas Carol.
- The end of Back & Forth, with a Blackadder finally becoming king, as his long-ago ancestor first wanted in series one.
- Not only that, but he's got a beautiful wife, he's adored by the nation, and he rules alone having dissolved Parliament.
- It actually gets to the point that Edmund's descendants will become rulers of the whole fuckin' universe.
- Baldrick actually manages to build a working time machine.