- Anything That Moves: Flasheart hits on Queenie, Nursie and even Baldrick.
- Blasphemous Boast: Flasheart to Melchett: "Still worshipping God? Last thing I heard he started worshipping me!"
- Bumbling Sidekick: The introduction of the Baldrick we know and love.
- Catchphrase: Lord Flasheart - "Woof!"
- Cure Your Gays: Edmund tries this when he thinks he's attracted to Bob.
- Embarrassing First Name: Nursie's actual name is Bernard.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": Nursie's name is revealed as Bernard, but after Queenie calls her that once, it's never mentioned again.
- Incoming Ham:[Horse neighs, trumpets, debris falls to the floor, Flasheart drops a rope and descends into the building]
Flasheart: It's me!
Flasheart: "Flash by name [looks to camera] - Flash by nature! [Strikes a pose] Hooray!" [Strikes another pose]
- Large Ham: Flasheart through and through: "I've got a plan! And it's as hot as my pants!"
- This is only natural, as he is Rik Mayall. Rowan Atkinson had trouble keeping his face straight.
- Memetic Badass: In-universe, Lord Flasheart.
- Mistaken for Gay: Queenie, Melchett and the doctor mistake Edmund for having a crush on his male servant. In fact, he's starting to worry himself.
- Offscreen Reality Warp: Flasheart and Kate manage to leave the room, switch clothes and ready their exit in the time it takes Edmund to speak a sentence.
- Or Are You Just Happy to See Me?: Flasheart to Nursie: "Am I pleased to see you or did I just put a canoe in my pocket? WOOF!"
- Pantomime: Bob is a parody of the thigh-slapping Principal Boy, if it's still possible to parody that.
- Really Gets Around: Percy's love interest, the unseen Jane Harrington, who, according to Edmund "goes like a privy door when the plague is in town" and "wants to be buried in a Y-shaped casket". Edmund implies that he slept with her before she caught Percy's eye... and so did Baldrick.
- Shaped Like Itself: "There are two things you need to know about the Wise Woman. One, she's a woman, and two..." "She's wise?" "So you do know her then?"
- Smoking Hot Sex: Edmund and Kate smoke pipes after having sex.
- Status Quo Is God: Edmund gets married in the first episode? Of course not, Lord Flasheart runs off with the bride!
- Stupid Sexy Flanders: How Edmund feels about Bob.
- Sweet Polly Oliver: Kate, as Bob. She eventually decides she likes boys' clothes better.
- Sweet on Polly Oliver: Edmund falls madly in love with Bob. Really, it's the nicest we've ever seen him.
- Took a Level in Badass: The entire Blackadder family, in comparison to their idiotic ancestor from the first series.
- Wholesome Crossdresser: Both Kate and Flash wind up this way, switching clothes and riding off into the sunset together.
- Witch Doctor: the Wise Woman Edmund goes to see.
- Ye Olde Butcherede Englishe: (In a dark swamp)'Blackadder: Tell me, young crone, is this Putney?
Young Crone: [in a cackling Cockney accent] Aye, That it be. That it be.
Blackadder: "Yes, it is", not "that it be." You don't have to talk in that stupid voice to me. I'm not a tourist.
Recap / Blackadder S 2 E 1 Bells
The first episode of Blackadder II. It introduced the new smart, cynical, Magnificent Bastard Blackadder, and Baldrick as the bumbling sidekick; so, pretty much, the Blackadder we know and love.The episode opens with a young girl named Kate disguising herself as a boy named "Bob" to seek her fortune. She gets a job as Blackadder's servant, but naturally he falls in love with her. Not knowing her true nature, this causes him some upset. Hilarity Ensues (no, really) and when Edmund finds out she's a girl after all, they decide to marry, until the wedding is interrupted by no other than LORD FLASHHEART!