Recap: Blackadder S 2 E 2 Head
The second episode of Blackadder II involves Edmund becoming Lord High Executioner, with Baldrick as his headsman. Of course, Edmund changes the dates of the executions around, Baldrick executes the wrong man, and Queenie changes her mind so many times about who she really wants to kill and...hijinks ensue.
- Ax-Crazy: Queenie reaches new heights of Ax-Crazy in this episode.
- Comforting the Widow: Edmund tries this on Lady Farrow. Unfortunately it doesn't work.
- Fawlty Towers Plot: It all starts when Edmund changes around the execution schedule...and culminates in Edmund impersonating two women's husbands with a bag on his head.
- Freudian Slip: Edmund to Lady Farrow: "Well, the thing is, you see, none of the other prisoners have such shapely widows, baa, wives I should say..."
- High Turnover Rate: The post of Lord High Executioner. According to Edmund, nobody survives it for more than a week.
- Moment Killer: Baldrick has an epic one when Lady Farrow is about to...do a wife's duty...to what she thinks is her husband. Edmund is not pleased.
- Name's the Same: Mr. Ploppy, Mistress Ploppy and Young Ploppy (aka Baldrick) aren't related.
- Out of Order: This episode was apparently supposed to be the first of Series 2. The opening scene appears designed to introduce the lead trio, Percy has a beard again when he shaved it off in "Bells" and is clean-shaven for the rest of the series, and the Balladeer's song in the closing credits makes reference to Series 1.
- Paper-Thin Disguise: Edmund Blackadder with a bag on his head =/= Lord Farrow. However, no one seems to notice.
- Please Spare Him, My Liege!: Lady Farrow and Earl Farrow beg Queenie to spare Lord Farrow's life. Once Queenie figures out what's going on, she decides to.
- Wig, Dress, Accent: Or more like, Bag, No Arm, Deep Voice.
- And at the end, Bag, Hunch, No Leg, Lisp.