Anime: Legend of the Blue Wolves
Summary (from Anime News Network): In 2199 A.D. overpopulation has forced the human kind to adapt in other planets. For almost 100 years the human race has thrived and lived happily in their new home. However everything ended the day humans took over Pluto; to the humans unfortunately fate a new race was discovered known as the apocalypse, a creature that uses the human brain as its source of knowledge and energy for their own mechanical bodies. Now the humans must fight in order to survive. As a last resort the humans send off trained soldiers in order to reestablish Pluto and get rid of this new threat to mankind.At the base, lieutenant Jonathan Tyberius and Leonard Schteinberg fall in love after many tragic events, however the two new lovers are forced to go on their own separate ways because of the dreadful war...Warning: Contains explicit sex scenes, rape, castration, uncensored genitals...Otherwise known as and referred to as the only Humongous Mecha Homo-sexploitation movie.
Includes examples of:
Includes examples of:
- Bara Genre
- Big Brother Instinct: Leonard. See Freudian Excuse and Intimate Psychotherapy.
- Bury Your Gays: Poor Leonard. By Jonathan's hand, no less.
- Depraved Homosexual: Captain Continental. And his subordinates.
- Downer Ending: As punishment for his attack on Captain Continental, Leonard is shipped out to the front lines after one night of passion with Jonathan. When Jonathan next sees him, he's become a monster, and Jonathan is forced to kill him.
- Fan Disservice: The Tall, Dark and Handsome Jonathan under the shower spray? Oh yes, please. The Tall, Dark and Handsome Jonathan being forcibly thrown under said shower spray and then being brutally tortured and raped? OH, NO!
- Fat Bastard: Captain Continental.
- Freudian Excuse: Leonard's Big Brother Instinct is a product of him losing his little brother (who conveniently resembled Jonathan) when he was younger.
- Gonk: See above. Or rather...don't...
- Good People Have Good Sex (Leonard and Jonathan)
- Groin Attack: Leonard castrates Jonathan's rapist
- Insane Troll Logic: The Continental is able to get Jonathan in his clutches and rape him by planting an Apocalypse insignia on Jonathan and framing him as a spy. But why would the aliens even need a spy when they can simply extract information from them when they possess them?
- Intimate Psychotherapy: Tender comfort-sex for Jonathan after he is raped, and it helps Leonard get over his "I couldn't save my little brother" angst owing to Jonathan's convenient resemblance. Surprisingly, it's not as forced as other examples...
- Last Kiss: Jonathan kisses Leonard before the latter dies.
- Lecherous Licking: Captain Continental licks Jonathan's face shortly before raping him.
- Nonindicative Name: The story has nothing to do with legends, or blue wolves.
- Well, an alternate title for this OVA was "Legend of the Four Horsemen", which is ironic considering the alien race they're fighting is called Apocalypse.
- there are some ports of the DVD in English that are titled "hot space cowboys" which makes even less sense.
- "Not If They Enjoyed It" Rationalization: Averted. More so as Jonathan accidentally discovers Leonard's sexuality, but the latter tells him he never forces a partner and won't do the same to him. Quite unfortunately, Jonathan is raped by the Continental not long after this exchange.
- Porn with Plot: There's quite a bit of detail in the character interaction. Arguably it's more of a gay romance anime than true porn since it's probably hard to enjoy the 'good' sex scenes right after seeing Continental get castrated.
- Rape as Drama: Once. But it's implied that the Continental has committed more rapes in the past...
- Well, we see two rape scenes in the anime one where the Continental graphically rapes a random subordinate—maybe to cue the audience of what kind of a person he is. Then through some nefarious scheming he violently rapes Jonathan. Of course, karma get him appropriately with a Groin Attack.
- Seme: Leonard. Although much less rapey than the type usually is.
- The Continental, who is a sadist and repeat rapist.
- Tall, Dark and Handsome: Jonathan.
- Uke: Jonathan, though more willful and oustpoken than the standard. And not really a Keet, either.
- To be fair, these characters do almost avert the "seme/uke" dynamic entirely - their interactions are much more realistic to how a gay couple might interact in real life, at least compared to most yaoi.
- Unsexy Sadist: The Continental. Not only is he as ugly on the outside as he is on the inside, but he's also morbidly obese.