All unlockables are not spoiler-tagged.
- "What Mr. Sakurai suggested then was a specific idea to make Smash Brothers for both Nintendo 3DS and WiiU."Satoru Iwata, E3 announcement
open/close all folders
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Any new character that was confirmed to be playable, especially Snake and especially, especially, Sonic. R.O.B. and Toon Link were the only exceptions, as they were Replacement Scrappies to many fans' dream additions. they didn't stay hated for long, though.
- "Cool, new Smash Brothers game. Wait, what's this, a new Metal Gear? What, they're discussing the game? An invitation? YEAH!"
- And a few months later, after enduring years of waiting and April Fools Jokes about his appearance in Melee, Sonic the Hedgehog joins the fray complete with Crush 40's Live and Learn blaring in the background, allowing players to pit Sega's iconic mascot against his long time rival. There's a reason why that screenshot from Brawl is on the main video game page.
- A more subdued moment happened when it was revealed that the character-specific battle introductions from the original Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros. came back for Brawl.
- Brawl's Stage Builder.
- Shortly before the game's release, the full soundtrack was leaked. The internet practically squealed like 5 year old girls upon learning about (and hearing) the remixes of King Dedede's theme, King K. Rool's theme, Pokemon Red's Route 1 song, and the final boss theme from Golden Sun, among other songs that can be seen in the Awesome Music page.