All unlockables are not spoiler-tagged.
- "What Mr. Sakurai suggested then was a specific idea to make Smash Brothers for both Nintendo 3DS and WiiU."Satoru Iwata, E3 2011 announcement
open/close all folders
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
- Any new character that was confirmed to be playable, especially Snake and especially, especially, Sonic. R.O.B. and Toon Link were the only exceptions, as they were Replacement Scrappies to many fans' dream additions. they didn't stay hated for long, though.
- "Cool, new Smash Brothers game. Wait, what's this, a new Metal Gear? What, they're discussing the game? An invitation? YEAH!"
- And a few months later, after enduring years of waiting and April Fools Jokes about his appearance in Melee, Sonic the Hedgehog joins the fray complete with Crush 40's Live and Learn blaring in the background, allowing players to pit Sega's iconic mascot against his long time rival. There's a reason why that screenshot from Brawl is on the main video game page.
- A more subdued moment happened when it was revealed that the character-specific battle introductions from the original Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros. came back for Brawl.
- Brawl's Stage Builder.
- Shortly before the game's release, the full soundtrack was leaked. The internet practically squealed like 5 year old girls upon learning about (and hearing) the remixes of King Dedede's theme, King K. Rool's theme, Pokemon Red's Route 1 song, and the final boss theme from Golden Sun, among other songs that can be seen in the Awesome Music page.
Super Smash Bros. (2018)
- Well, it looks like the Nintendo Direct is going to end. Wait, there's more? Hmmm... Inkling Girl and Inkling Boy? Fighting in a white area? Is this a por- hold on. What's with the lights dimming. What's shining on Inkling Girl? Hold on... IS THAT THE SMASH LOGO IN HER EYE?! INKLINGS ARE COMING TO SMASH???!!! Oh. My. God.
- Also the Link seen in this trailer...He's Breath of the Wild Link, not Twilight Princess Link!
- The reveal that it's stated to be released in 2018 doesn't hurt, either.
- And contrary to what he said during the development of the last game, Daddy Sakurai is indeed returning!
- Also worth noting is that the teaser alone implied the return of 17 characters right off the bat — Mario, Link, Ness, Yoshi, Donkey Kong, Captain Falcon, Kirby, Peach, Samus, Bowser, Sheik, Wario, Pit, Marth, Pikachu, and Fox, along with the likely implication that Zero Suit Samus will also be returning... And that's before there's even a proper reveal trailer!