- Alternative Character Interpretation: Furuichi is either a completely selfish Yandere and sore loser or a tragic character in the vein of Tetsuo from AKIRA (or both at the same time)
- Awesome Music:
- Nightmare Fuel: Dear mothereffin' God, Furuichi's transformation in episode 14.
- The Scrappy: Furuichi
- Superlative Dubbing
- Tear Jerker - The demise of the poor pregnant Xam'd.
- Haru's summed up "The Reason You Suck" Speech to the Xam'd Furuchi ("Because you've never loved anyone") becomes sobering when you realize, even before he became a Xam'd, Furuchi always hated himself.
- Following the above, after Furuchi is subdued then captured by the military, he's allowed to get a drink for himself. He orders three drinks for him and his 'friends Haru and Akiyuki'. It's a sad testament of how much he wants things to return to where they were before. And his following suicide is an acknowledgement that they never will go back to normal.
- Ugly Cute - The bizarre, cycloptic Living Shadow that befriends an amnesiac Akiyuki, rescues him from slavers, and helps him regain his missing memories. Actually the Hiruken Emperor. And yes, its motives were entirely benign.
- OBEY EYETOY.
YMMV / Xam'd: Lost Memories