- Acceptable Targets: Many people within the ranting community consider John this.
- Anvilicious: A few of his rants are pretty long-winded in this department.
- Attention Whore: A lot of John's "feuds" could have been avoided were it not for John's need to constantly put spotlight on himself, usually through some form of controversy with other ranters.
- Bizarro Episode: The video about the enigmatic "confidential search results" message on YouTube. Doubles as a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment.
- Another example is "How to Make a Snow Penis". The video is just as the title suggests: John showing himself making a penis-shaped drawing in a pile of snow. Nothing else. No one-liner.
- John's fond of this, as another moment occurs in a newer video of his. Unlike the other videos, it opens with his girlfriend, who ends being ushered out of the room by John before he continues with the video. She doesn't say a word, and it's never alluded to again.
- Broken Pedestal: John's treatment of friends and people who used to look up to him has lead to this with his unnecessary caustic behavior causing friction with ThrashMetalGuru, TakeShotAction, JJDiscussions and others.
- Chronic Backstabbing Disorder: The main reason John isn't particularly well-liked by a large number of his peers within the ranting community. See above 'Broken Pedestal' section.
- Creator Breakdown: During the course of 2013, John went through depression, anxiety, and harsh personal issues which became focal points in several of his videos.
- As of May 2014, John still seems to be undergoing a creator breakdown of sorts.
- Designated Hero: John gets this often. He revels in Brutal Honesty with no shame. This is great if you're a fan of his or if you consider his "brutal honesty" to be completely truthful until you consider some of his actions, i.e. friendships he's ruined for no reason other than being in a bad mood that particular day. Some find his rants needlessly hostile or intolerable due to John's approach to ranting. This usually nets him brief controversy. The most oft-cited example is his "war" against Cregan 4584.
- Harsher in Hindsight: On April 25th, 2015, John made a video showing his contempt for Jared Fogle. Several months later, Fogle's whole career is destroyed when he's charged with possession of child pornography.
- Hypocrite: In SPADES.
- Jerkass: Picks fights with people for no reason, responds to reasonable criticism with cursing and insults, is arrogant and narcissistic, refuses to admit his own faults, too easy.
- Like You Would Really Do It: Every time John uploads some sappy, emotional video about how YouTube sucks and how he's going to enjoy his life offline, he inevitably comes back to YouTube, reactivates his account and puts his videos back online.
- Manchild: John's behaviour has overwhelming shades of this. John will often delete or rant on people for small things such as a differing opinion.
- Moral Myopia: Got an opinion that differs to John's? Well you are wrong, deserve to be called out and have John sic his fans on you and you are an idiot, moron, fool, or whichever insult to your intelligence John wants to throw your way. Agree with John? Well it's the same opinion John has so *obviously* it's correct.
- Narm: John's attempts at showing his disdain for the Trump administration. John literally moved out of America, moved to Finland and changed his Twitter handle to "Former American." Naturally, this became a field day for his detractors who already find John childish as a default.
- Never Live It Down: The leaks of John's nudes, which were originally sent to his then girlfriend at the time. Even to this day, he has detractors who refer to him as "Johnny Bentdick" out of spite.
- Small Name, Big Ego: John's own ego is his own worst enemy. This often leads to fighting with other ranters. John seems to deem himself fit to call other YouTubers out for things he has no right to, i.e. "Youtube whores" who don't meet his behavioral standards. Also, several of the edits on this very page suggest John created this page himself to sate his own ego.
- Snark Bait: Several of John's attempts to be edgy, including the aforementioned "Former American" fiasco.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: The purpose of these rants according to John.
- "Stop Having Fun" Guys: John's main reason for criticizing Pokemon Go! and its players.
- Tear Jerker: The video "Rest In Peace, Sara".
- Unintentionally Unsympathetic: Due to John's caustic personality, it can be a little hard to feel sorry for the guy. In the opinion of several of John's critics, he comes across as a quote, "self righteous, pseudo-intellectual and holier-than-thou douchebag who blocks anybody who disagrees with him."
- Wangst: His depression period throughout 2013 can be seen as this depending on how sympathetic you are.
YMMV / Undertaker Freak 1127