- Alternate Character Interpretation: Like Skywarp in AHM, some fans theorize that Sandstorm was exaggerating the Firecon's Offstage Villainy, as the Firecons themselves are just a bunch of fairly ineffectual jobbers, and the idea that they could kill thousands (a feat only accomplished by Phase Sixers), even under ideal conditions, is a tad far-fetched. Some believe that Sandstorm either exaggerated to make them look more monstrous, or it was just one of those off the cuff exaggerations people make (i.e. that was a lifetime ago), or it could be the mental stress taking a toll on his psyche and making him assume the cons are more heinous then they actually are.
- Broken Base: The comic being released on Madefire. Some fans of motion comics find it an interesting experiment (however small) into visual storytelling. Many others hated the distribution as not only was it digitally exclusive until the trade came out, but it was only available to Windows users leaving Mac users out in the cold.
- Darkness-Induced Audience Apathy: Can fall into this at times. Unsympathetic people are killed left and right, Kick the Dog moments are retconned into many of the victim's backstory, Slug and the Dinobots are at their most assholish and of course there's Sandstorm's Adaptational Villainy.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Barricade became particularly popular for his portrayal as a good-hearted Decepticon and Reasonable Authority Figure.
- Moment of Awesome: Many.
- Optimus calling out the Dinobots, Slug in particular, for damaging the peace with their warlike ways. [[spoiler:Although the confrontation was
- Optimus ripping an Infernus Bullet out of himself with his bare hands before it overloads his nervous system, then dealing with the one who shot it.
- Barricade refusing Starscream's order to raze the Decepticon ghetto in retaliation for the murder of four Autobots. He's not only applauded by Optimus himself for his efforts, but he also makes it out of the comic alive and undamaged, suggesting that he and peacemakers like him are starting to find real traction in Cybertronian society.
- Narm Charm: Optimus Prime petting Sluge-in-dinosaur-mode on the head as if he was a gigantic labrador.
YMMV / The Transformers: Punishment