- Cult Classic: Barely released outside of Canada theatrically, it's now fondly remembered by children of the 1980's. Though ironically.
- Dancing Bear: It's just... so weird...
- Moral Event Horizon: There are signs earlier in the film that The Signor is a sketchy man, but the surest sign is when he abducts Michael (and the other kids) to work in his sweatshop.
- Nightmare Fuel: For some children of the 1980s.
- Retroactive Recognition: A young Céline Dion sings the two main themes.
- Wangst: There are cancer patients who angst less about being bald than this kid.
YMMV / The Peanut Butter Solution