- Angst? What Angst?: People seem remarkably calm about the fact that children around town are vanishing. Billy mostly seems irritated, and Connie only mentions that his sister was kidnapped in passing.
- Cult Classic: While it was barely released outside of Canada theatrically (par for the course for the Tales for All films), it received a fair deal of VHS and pay cable exposure, and it's now fondly remembered by children of the 1980s — if ironically.
- Dancing Bear: It's just... so weird...
- Moral Event Horizon: There are signs earlier in the film that The Signor is a sketchy man, but the surest sign is when he abducts Michael (and the other kids) to work in his sweatshop.
- Nightmare Fuel: For some children of the 1980s.
- Retroactive Recognition:
- Wangst: There are cancer patients who angst less about being bald than this kid.
- What Do You Mean, It's for Kids?: Homeless people burning to death, kidnapping, child slave labor, a prepubescent boy with rapidly growing pubic hair; y'know, regular kids' movie stuff.
- What Do You Mean, It Wasn't Made on Drugs?: Again, it's just...so weird....
YMMV / The Peanut Butter Solution