- Awesome Music: All over the place, but especially the end credits, played over a map of Europe as its borders change from 1914 to 1994.
- Good Bad Bugs: All of the fight scenes in the game can be bypassed by repeatedly pausing the game, going to the menu, and unpausing. Doing this enough times skips the fight as if you've already won it, except for the last one, where you have to take one more action to avoid being killed.
- Nightmare Fuel:
- The realization to how your friend Tyler Whitney died... shudder.
- Everything from the Nightmare Sequence on the first night. In particular, there's an Easter Egg that is triggered by clicking on the bell next to your door three times until it rings. This causes the conductor, who is normally missing in the nightmare, to appear in his usual spot. Then his face comes off causing a fountain of blood, and he juggles three of his own heads. See it here.
- Viewer Gender Confusion: Kahina, Kronos's assistant, has a rather androgynous appearance and it's not immediately obvious she's a woman. Cath even asks if she is "his excellency" the first time they meet. She isn't amused.
YMMV / The Last Express