- Acceptable Targets: Dubliners are pretty much made fun of by most characters. Including in one scene where one character asks why Gerry is fiddling with his crotch, Gerry explains that he was after sleeping with two Dublin prostitutes.
- "I thought only black lads could be drug dealers. (Beat) And Mexicans."
- Americans get their fair share of mockery too, particularly the usage of American English.
- Crazy Awesome: Gerry's sheer unpredictability and outlandish behaviour are key to his success.
- Funny Moments: "I thought only black lads were drug dealers".
- Gerry getting dressed into his best uniform at the end and closing the wardrobe. The audience is greeted to Gerry armed with a Kalashnikov.
- "Bozo ... the (nods to McBride to copy the information down) ... fucking ... Clown."
- "There were gay lads in the IRA?" "Well, one or two, yeah. It was the only way we could successfully infiltrate the MI5."
- One-Scene Wonder: Pat Shortt as IRA man Colum Hennessey. The fact that he and Gerry are on pretty good terms despite being on opposite sides of the law makes it all the more hilarious.
YMMV / The Guard