- Covered Up: "Killing Me Softly". The full name of the original song is "Killing Me Softly with His Song".
- Face of the Band: Lauryn Hill and Wyclef Jean.
- Sampled Up: "Ready or Not" contains a sample from an Enya song. She was going to sue them, but dropped the lawsuit after finding out that they weren't a Gangsta Rap group.
- Similarly, "Killing Me Softly" features the sitar lick sampled from A Tribe Called Quest's song "Bonita Applebum", and has become more famous in "Killing Me Softly" than "Bonita Appplebum".
- Signature Song: "Ready or Not".
- Surprisingly Improved Sequel: The Score (1996), their second album, was received with far more critical and commercial success than their first album, Blunted on Reality (1994). Even the band members themselves see Blunted on Reality as an Old Shame.
YMMV / The Fugees