- Bizarro Episode: Um...although hilarious, this episode has literally nothing to do with...much of anything in the rest of the show. The actual state finals are never shown, either.
- The only possibility is that it was setting up the idea that more mystery solving groups exist like Mystery Incorporated, especially the ones that become very important later.
- Broken Base: Initial reactions to this episode seem to be that it was a filler, but later reception seems to hold this episode highly for its crossover with other Hanna-Barbera properties.
- Les Yay: While alone with her (and Speed Buggy), Principal Quinlan awkwardly comments on Angel's muscles, saying that she has a build like a female wrestler.
- One-Scene Wonder: This is Principal Quinlan's only episode, but there have been some viewers that have found her scenes interesting, particularly her Les Yay with Angel and her giving CPR to Speed Buggy.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Character:
- None of the other mystery-solvers besides their "sidekicks" do anything besides be in danger, making them Static Characters.
- Some feel that Principal Quinlan was an interesting character and enjoyed her dynamic with Angel and would have liked to see her as a recurring character.
- They Wasted a Perfectly Good Plot: The existence of other Hanna-Barbera shows in the Mystery Incorporated universe is not brought up again and they're handwaved as being fictional in-universe.
YMMV / Scooby Doo Mystery Inc S 1 E 14 Mystery Solvers Club State Finals