- Hilarious in Hindsight: A Muslim-American man directly telling the President that his name is Khan and he is not a terrorist? Six years later, it's one of the most memorable moments of the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
- Moment of Awesome: Rizwan is made of these.
- Memetic Mutation:
- My Name is Khan and I'm not a terrorist.
- Moral Event Horizon: The bullies who killed Sam double subvert this. They weren't trying to kill him, but they were perfectly willing to kill his best friend if he told anyone about it, just to save their own selfish hides.
- Narm Charm: Just try to read the title and not announce it in an imitation of Benedict Cumberbatch's voice.
- Some Anvils Need to Be Dropped: Concerning both discrimination toward Muslims and against people with mental disabilities.
- Tear Jerker: Do not see this movie in the cinema with women who have children.
- The Woobie: Rizwan and most of his family.
YMMV / My Name Is Khan