- Broken Base: The recolors. Some people would consider the recoloured release are a neat addition and an alternative way to get the model you want if the base model is currently unavailable, while others finds them inferior or way too tacky compared to the base model. This doesn't stop both for kitbashing them with each other.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: The duo Asra line, Ninja and Archer (especially Archer), for two big reasons. They're the ones with the most variations and re-releases.
- Friendly Fandoms: Finds themselves in a healthy relationship with their sister products, Frame Arms Girls and Hexa Gear thanks to it's compatibility with their accessories and vice versa.
- The MD fanbase were also fond of Busou Shinki, due to the Machineca standard body being similar to the MMS standard the Busou Shinki had. Even moreso with the release of Jaeger-type Edelweiss and the announcement for the Arnval and Straf MkI.
- The MD Fanbase were also pretty close with the Alice Gear Aegis fanbase thanks to the releases based on the game's characters.
- Growing the Beard:
- Early on it's life cycle, Megami Device character designs were somehow highly identical with it's Spiritual Predecessor Busou Shinki earlier releases, even invoking their toylike appearance in the illustrations. With the release of Asra Ninja and Archer, the line's character designs becomes less toyetic and more angular and distinct to BS.
- Starting from Bullet Knights release, Kotobukiya start using smaller and more compact joints that's more rigid and last longer compared to the older releases, where it was a lot more brittle and delicate.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In-universe, the original Ganesha module for Sitara Kaneshiya is considered a Game-Breaker and as such, not suitable for retail releases, hence the reason her first release is the neutered-but-still-strong Karwa Chauth version. Fast forward a year later, the Ganesha module was announced in real life and would be released in Spring 2021.
- Pandering to the Base: Thanks for their inherent popularity, Kotobukiya releases multitude of variations and custom parts based on the Asra series (especially Archer), from recolors to bonus parts that includes an alternative hair and bustier that emphasizes their buxom even more.
- Spiritual Successor: Considered as one for Busou Shinki.
YMMV / Megami Device