The Korean pop band
- Ear Worm:
- Most of their songs after Sunghee left the group and Hara and Jiyoung joined. Special mention goes to Mister, Wanna, Step and Lupin. Also "Mamma Mia", their first song after Jiyoung and Nicole left.
- Wanna is such an Ear Worm that Pump It Up Fiesta, which includes the song (among other K-pop songs), has a course that consists of the song five times in a row.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Youngji. At first she was deemed an unwelcome interloper, but now netizens are saying she's "saving" the group. Becomes a Funny Aneurysm moment with the news of the group's disbanding.
- Face of the Band: Hara, who is officially the face of the group and is the most well-known.
- Genius Bonus: To the musically trained ear, many KARA songs can be described metal-influenced pop. Wanna for example, has metal riffs all over. Damaged Lady too, you can hear the strongest metal riffs right before the chorus.
- Never Live It Down: Seungyeon stole Nicole's solo time to show off, ruining the group's choreography and causing Gyuri to give her an epic Death Glare. Fans have not forgiven her for the questionable behavior. While I-fans are more generally forgiving than K-fans, they don't make an exception for her. This is always brought up whenever there's an article about her and it's getting worse now that she keeps landing lead roles in tv dramas, but her acting skills are nonexistent.
- Replacement Scrappy:
- Averted with Goo Hara who was in fact one of the most if not the popular member of the group, despite taking Sunghee's place. Her immense popularity still remains despite it faltering now and then, for example after her scandal which made her the target of netizens' undisguised loathing for a while.
- The new member YoungJi was set to be this with a rather cynical welcome amid allegations of the competition being rigged, however she managed to avert it and became very well-liked amongst both the public and fandom.
- Tastes Like Diabetes: Honey, as the name would imply. It's more the concept than the actual song though.
- Gyuri, of all people, felt insecure about her weight and wound up becoming bulimic for a time.
- The death of Sojin, who was viewed as possibly being the next Nicole. After three years of training her, DSP decided to suddenly end her contract (due to her apparently being too old for their upcoming girl group), and a month later she seemingly committed suicide by jumping from the balcony of her tenth floor apartment building. It's even more heartbreaking when you realize that even if she had joined, it wouldn't have been for very long anyways.
- The Woobie: Youngji. She worked so hard to get into the group... and it disbands less than two years later.
The tech demo
- Tear Jerker: Tricks you by presenting itself as just a demonstration for a new engine, and then...
- Uncanny Valley: Some people praise it for finally overcoming said valley, since Kara very closely resembles her voice actor and a real human in general (you can see the muscles move under her skin and her nostrils flare as she speaks). Other find that she still isn't human enough. Then again, she's an android, which is as close to a real human as she'll ever be.