- Awesome Music: The anime's entire soundtrack, performed by several notable Japanese pop acts. Especially noteworthy are the tunes by Suneohair, which are impeccably timed at the end of every episode.
- Base-Breaking Character: Hagu is liked for her moe attributes but also hated for them. Some people note that numerous guys being attracted to her youthful appearance borders on pedophilic, her tendency to act like an Adult Child doesn't help.
- Ho Yay:
- Lampshaded by Mayama's coworkers at Fujiwara Design after yelling for Takemoto to stop licking him as Leader wakes him up. Nomiya even says that 'a lot of those types end up in this business'. It doesn't help that Takemoto's spending nights sleeping in Mayama's room due to the lack of an air conditioner making those hot summer nights less restful.
- Takemoto and Morita throughout the series.
- Squick: Yamada throwing up in Episode 19, Season 1. The splashing sounds are a bit too realistic.
- The Woobie: Yuuta who wanders through the series looking for his future and KNOWS that the girl he loves is in love with his friend, Ayumi who has a hard time letting go of her love for Takumi despite knowing he will never reciprocate it, and Hagumi who suffers from social anxiety and quite possibly has never had a friend outside of the main cast.
YMMV / Honey and Clover