- Critical Dissonance: The game got mostly ho- hum reviews for not adding much to the franchise and the oodles of glitches in the 3DS version. Despite this, it was Marvelous Interactive's bestselling game of 2010, when it released in Japan.
- Ensemble Dark Horse: Cam is easily one of the most popular bachelors in the game, or even the series. He reappears in Story of Seasons (2014).
- Idiot Plot: On top of being an Excuse Plot, the game also falls under this. If the Harvest Goddess had talked things out in a civil way with the two villagers instead of bringing the whole thing crashing down, or if Rutger and Ina just stopped acting immature and stubborn, the plot wouldn't have happened.
- It's the Same, So It Sucks: The main criticism of this game is that it doesn't make much changes to the DS Harvest Moon formula, despite being the sixth Harvest Moon game on the DS.
- Moe: The Oracle, in spades. Everything about her, from her looks, to her personality, to her dialogue absolutely screams this trope.
- Woolseyism: Oddly enough, nobody was bothered when Natsume changed Licorice's name to Reina. Most people say Reina is much prettier and more fitting. Fans were annoyed when XSEED changed her name back for her appearance in Story of Seasons (2014). They had a similar but smaller reaction to Kamil's name being changed to Cam and back again later.
YMMV / Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns