For characters from other games in the series, check out the Characters page here.
- For Alisa, Pierre, and Nathan, see Island of Happiness. For Dirk, Enrique, Raul, and Diego, see Grand Bazaar.
ProtagonistThe main character.
- Hair Decorations: Most of the female protagonist's outfits include a hairband or headscarf.
- Hello, [Insert Name Here]: As of the usual Harvest Moon games.
- The Hero: The female protagonist is this for the bachelorettes and the male protagonist is this for the bachelors.
- Heroic Mime
- Skirt over Slacks: Several of the female protagonist's outfits.
GeorgiaA girl who works in her father's pet shop in Bluebell.
- A Boy and His X: Or rather, a girl and her horse. Dakota has been Georgia's trusted horse companion since she was five.
- Dub Name Change: From "Raspberry" to "Georgia".
- Expy: She's HM64 Ann with an accent.
- Fiery Redhead
- Hair Decorations
- Lethal Chef: Her horrible cooking often leads Bluebell to losing cooking competitions. But thanks to practice with Laney in their childhood, she's quite good at baking.
- Missing Mom: Her mother isn't around. It's never stated what happened to make that the case.
- Outdoorsy Gal
- Southern Belle: Is portrayed as this in the English version.
- The Rival: To Kana, which he acknowledges, though she seems to take it much more seriously than he does.
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The tomboy to Laney's girly-girl.
- Tsundere: Has shades of this. Normally a very kind and friendly girl, albeit one with a quick temper. The latter tends to comes into effect when she's dealing with her father or Kana.
LaneyA girl who lives with her father in his cafe. Lives in Bluebell.
- Daddy's Girl
- Dub Name Change: From "Lia" to "Laney".
- Feminine Women Can Cook: Is very feminine and great at cooking, especially in comparison to her tomboyish best friend Georgia.
- Hair of Gold, Heart of Gold
- Tomboy and Girly Girl: The girly-girl to Georgia's tomboy.
- Suspiciously Similar Substitute for Grand Bazaar's Marian.
- Sweet Baker: A sweet girl who loves to bake, and aspires to run a cafe of her own one day.
- Sweet Tooth
- The Ugly Guy's Hot Daughter
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: Hates insects (particularly beetles), thanks to a childhood incident.
NoriHelps out her grandfather in his seed shop in Konohana.
- Cool Big Sis
- Dub Name Change: From "Nana" to "Nori".
- Yamato Nadeshiko: Definitely looks the part, and her wedding dress especially.
ReinaA botanist that studies plants in the mountains. Lives in her uncle's orchard in Konohana.
- Character Development: She's much more outgoing in Story of Seasons (2014).
- Defrosting the Ice Queen: A minor example.
- Dub Name Change: She is known as "Licorice" in Japan.
- Why Did It Have to Be Snakes?: She's squicked by fish. She tries to fix this though by regulary asking you to bring her fish. It doesn't work.
The OracleA strange lady who studies alchemy and lives in the mountains.
- Curtains Match The Windows: She has pink hair and eyes.
- The Cutie: Very cute and excitable.
- Everyone Calls Him "Barkeep": If you marry her or raise her affection high enough she'll eventually tell you her name is actually Ulyssa, but she usually only tells people to call her the Oracle.
- Failed a Spot Check: She doesn't seem to realize that she's the only one who considers herself old. She's also been living on the mountain for years without ever noticing the Harvest Goddess, who isn't terrible subtle.
- Genki Girl: She certainly doesn't lack enthusiasm.
- Immortal Immaturity: She tends to act like an excitable little girl.
- Loners Are Freaks: She's lived all by herself on the mountainside for many years and doesn't really know how to interact with most people anymore.
- MayflyDecember Romance: She's at least several times your age and should probably outlive you, but then again if you marry her and go on dates she says the two of you will be together forever. She'll make it happen.
- Older Than They Look: She looks early pubescent but is much older than that.
- Really 700 Years Old: She doesn't say just how old she is, but it's almost certainly at least a few human lifespans given how she refers to your age in comparison to her own.
- Repeated For Emphasis: She has a habit of repeating words once or twice to make her point clearer.
- Secret Character: She's only unlocked in your second year when you enter the mountain on foot after a certain time of night and is tucked away in a spot on the map that's easy to ignore. Well, you'll find her eventually. What really makes her a secret romance character is that she's actually one of the marriage candidates, but her affection score isn't displayed the same way as the main ones. Still, at least she's not as difficult as Alisa and her absurd requirements.
- Verbal Tic: Repeating words she's already said.
- What Is This Feeling?: As you raise her affection level she starts getting happy when you visit. She's actually a hidden romance option.
- You Gotta Have Blue Hair: She has pink hair.
AshA friendly guy that works on his family's Animal Shop in Bluebell.
CamA man living in Howard's cafe in Bluebell. Owns a small flower shop.
- Cuteness Proximity
- Dub Name Change: He is known as "Kamil" in Japan.
- Kindhearted Cat Lover
- Nice Hat
HiroA young man living in Konohana who is a doctor-in-training. Ayame's apprentice.
- Anti-Role Model: Subverted in that he really admires his father who is also a doctor.
- Dressed to Heal: Always wears a stethoscope.
- Gender-Blender Name: His name is Chihiro in the original Japanese version.
- Hospital Cutie
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The sensitive guy to Kana's manly man.
- Cry Cute: When the player accepts his reverse proposal, he started to cry.
KanaOwns the pet shop in Konohana. Has a great love of horses.
- Sensitive Guy and Manly Man: The manly man to Hiro's sensitive guy.
- Sleeves Are for Wimps
- The Rival: To Georgia, both being horse ranchers from opposing villages. But even though they claim to bicker constantly in one event, he doesn't seem to take said rivalry quite as seriously as she does.
MikhailA mysterious traveling violinist.
- Cool Old Guy: Unless he's around Ina.
- Friends All Along: She is one of the very few characters that never badmouthes Konohana, does not ask you indiscreetly to move over to Blueblell and continously has delivery requests on the board for other character, including pretty much every adult of Konohana.
- Happily Married: To Rose.
- Took a Level in Jerkass: Goes full a-hole when Bluebell wins the Cooking Festival. He gets better later.
- Trash Talk: Inevitable once every week, especially when he's rivals with the other town's mayor. He gets better.
- Cheerful Child
- Father, I Want to Marry My Brother
- Hair Decorations: The ribbons on her ponytails.
- My Sister Is Off-Limits!: Inverted in that it's her brother that's off limits should any girl get closer to him, to the point of making you deliver bugs that she intends to use against possible girlfriends of his. If you choose to marry Ash, she will protest, though when her mother explains that you'll become her sister, she gives her blessing.
- Bumbling Dad: Is implied to be a bit of this at times, to his daughter's chagrin.
- Homemade Sweater from Hell: He's apparently never noticed that his sweater design looks like two horses staring at manure piles.
- Perpetual Smiler
- Camp Straight: Presumably.
- Chef of Iron
- Cordon Bleugh Chef: According to Laney, Howard is a dynamite cook who happens to get carried away with decoration.
- Gentle Giant
- Real Men Wear Pink: Or deck their bedrooms out in it.
- Expy: Of Mirabelle from Sunshine Islands.
- Does Not Like Spam: Ina is not a fan of sweets.
- Not So Different: She and Rutger have many likes in common, especially tea...
- Trash Talk: ...but she won't let a weekly Cooking Festival go without an exchange of this with him, early on anyway. Again, she gets better.
- Manchild: When he's not behind the counter, he's constantly talking about having fun and amusing himself and others.
- Miniature Senior Citizen
- Eyepatch of Power
- Friend to All Children: He really likes Rahi and Ying and wants them to like him back, but he constantly scares Ying, causing Rahi to be angry with him. He asks the main character for butterflies occasionally in the hope of them helping his relationship with the kids.
- Large Ham
- Warrior Poet: How Mako presents himself.
- Companion Cube: Her stuffed panda.
- Ill Girl
- Puppy Love: With Rahi.
- Raised by Grandparents: Her parents work in some city and presumably never visit.
- Shrinking Violet: She is incredibly shy and timid. She mostly only really acts more open to her grandmother and Rahi and needs a bit of warming up to the main character and Mako regulary complains that he has scared her again despite him wanting to befriend her.