- Critical Dissonance: Critics didn't rate it very well (18% on Rotten Tomatoes), but fan reviews are much kinder (6.6/10 on IMDB).
- Contested Sequel: Is it worse than, better than, or about the same as the first one?
- It's the Same, Now It Sucks!: The main reason for it's Critical Dissonance and Contested Sequel status. The plot is nearly identical to the first film. Some are fine with this, others are not.
- Nausea Fuel: Max's spoiled milk, which is far past its expiration date. One can almost smell it.
- Tear Jerker: Grandpa's death. It gets worse knowing this would be Burgess Meredith's final film.John: Looks like God remembered you, Pop.
YMMV / Grumpier Old Men