- Good Bad Bugs:
- By exploding a bunch of cars on the screen, there's a very small chance that one of the cars spawning after is a car that is Dummied Out.
- You can drive underwater by enabling cheats and inputting the restore health cheat.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: This wouldn't be the last GTA game to feature a protagonist named Mike who is trying to retire from his criminal life style. The two even look kinda alike.
- So Okay, It's Average: Even for a GTA game, there isn't much to write home about. If you can look past the frame rate and the slowdown issues, it really doesn't do anything special that other games in the series already could do.
- That One Level: Smackdown, where you have to kill a total of 10 Yardies (who are all Made of Iron, since they don't seem to take much damage from getting run over with a car) spread out across Shoreside Vale in less than 4 minutes. Think of this as the scaled-down counterpart of GTA III's Espresso-2-Go. And like that mission, you have no choice but to memorize every possible route, every twist and turn, in order to even get a chance at succeeding. Not only that, but this mission is at the point in the storyline where half the city's gangs are out for your blood, lots of cops are patrolling the streets that will chase you if you collide into them or if they catch you stealing a car (which is bound to happen, since you'll most likely have to switch cars a lot during the mission to either reach the next target fast enough or speed over the grassy terrain around the roads). But at least this mission only takes place on one island, and the map shows you where all the gang members are so you that don't need to waste time searching for them.
YMMV / Grand Theft Auto Advance