- Archive Panic: There are upwards of 100 parts, along with power rankings, fan content, and more, even if you only read the second mark.
- Alternative Character Interpretation: Lots of them. The Boers: Techonogical Supremacists or Well Intentioned Extremists?
- Ensemble Dark Horse The Dvin Empire. The last Spartan city, a former Ayyubid city, Dvin, won a lot of popularity, especially by the reddit user /u/SirMallock due to being surrounded by dead city's units.
- The empire it once was, Sparta, was pretty popular as well.
- Even Better Sequel: Mk.II has many significant improvments over Mrk.I, including even more civs, lasting longer, and have more mods, including Future Worlds.
- Memetic Badass:
- Up until Part 49, China and Mao Zedong.
- Dvin (Former Sparta)note , until part 86.
- Memetic Mutation
- Lazy Portugalnote
- LEG DAYnote
- The ARRnote
- The Scrappy: Japan and Gran Colombia were hated in MK I for causing game-breaking bugs.
YMMV / Civ Battle Royale