- Awesome Music: The whole freakin' soundtrack by Benjamin Frankel counts. Especially the Panzerlied.
- Signature Scene: The Panzerlied singalong.
- So OK, It's Average: Glaring Artistic License – History aside, it still makes for a relatively entertaining war film.
- Tear Jerker:Sgt. Guffy: When are they gonna let us fight!?
- The scene wherein all the captives (minus Lt. Weaver, who manages to escape) are killed. Sgt. Duquesne almost makes it, but is cut down just short of the tree line.
- Took the Bad Film Seriously: One thing everyone agrees on is Robert Shaw's acting being good or very good. Hans Christian Blech commented on it, saying that Shaw went to great lengths to emulate a Prussian accent and get the stiffy Prussian officer attitude right, which, in his own words, resulted in Shaw sounding and acting more German than Blech himself.
YMMV / Battle of the Bulge