- Big-Lipped Alligator Moment: The 'Miss Brighteyes' musical number at the end of Awkward 3. It could be removed entirely without impacting the rest of the series... But it is fucking hilarious.
- Heartwarming Moments: Lester and Alex making up and Alex standing up to Jermaine in Awkward 6. Awwwww.
- Moe: Kevin is dangerously close. The Dogged Nice Guy thing helps.
- Narm Charm: Lester's M&Ms speech and Kevin's 'I like weird' bit edge into corny, but they're all the sweeter for it.
- One-Scene Wonder: Alex's unnamed blind date, who threatens him in Korean and beats the snot out of him.
- Alex claims to have seasoned Lester's popcorn with his own semen. He claims to be joking, but with Alex it's hard to tell...
- The second season trailer reveals Kevin is squicked by sex with zombies, while Lester and Alex are squicked by sex with someone covered in leeches.
- Cliché Storm: While some may say that the show is better than it sounds, others see it as just another teen show.
- Crack Pairing: "Once Upon a Blog" features several AU's where these exist, mainly Matty/Jake and Matty/Ming.
- Heartwarming Moments: Season 5, Episode 10: After dragging it out since last season's finale, Jenna and Matty FINALLY confessing their feelings for each other and sharing a kiss.
- Hollywood Homely: Jenna and Tamara somehow have had difficulty attracting guys.
- Hollywood Pudgy:
- Sadie is horribly self-conscious about her weight, and it is treated as somewhat of an Achilles' Heel for her, but she is proportioned very similar to real world young women.
- Fan reaction to Ashley Rickards' weight gain between Seasons 1 and 2.
- Name's the Same: Jenna and Matty.
- Seasonal Rot: Set in starting Season 4, since creator Lauren Iungerich left the show. Many argue that it began in season 3, when Collin was introduced and Jenna become extremely Unintentionally Unsympathetic.
- Tear Jerker:
- When Jenna sees Matty kissing another girl in the hot tub. Then one season later when Jake sees Jenna and Matty kissing in her bed. The look on their faces in both scenarios gets you.
- Jenna singing the lullaby to her mom can definitely count as one of the (if not the) biggest tearjerking moments in the series thus far.
- Sadie crying to her mom about how self-conscious she is about her weight.
- The Woobie: It's hard not to feel bad for Lacey after the whole school reads Jenna's blog and starts to call her nonstop with hostile words. Could be Jerkass Woobie for some, especially considering she really should have known better than to make it open for the public to read and just assume that nobody from her school would ever come across it.