- Faux Symbolism: Some Arkn and Dekn deliberately choose names from human lore because of the aura of power and fear they conveyed. Many of these names come from the Ars Goetia or the Dictionnaire Infernal.
- Ba'al handpicked his name out of a book of demonic lore, in order to project an image of fear.
- Belial's name was given to him by the Dekn Emperor for the above reasons. (As it turns out, it actually suits him rather well, as he shares many of the qualities of his counterpart in the Ars Goetia.)
- In some cases, the being in question chose their name to be darkly ironic. The Marchosias spoken of in the Ars Goetia always answered all questions truthfully, while the Dekn Master Marchosias is a very underhanded manipulator that feels very comfortable lying to others.
- Averted in the case of Andras: the Andras that appears in the Ars Goetia appeared with the head of an owl or raven, two animals that are known to be "wise" or have themes of wisdom/knowledge; the Dekn Master Andras is the Dekn Master of Forbidden Knowledge.
YMMV / Arkn: Legacy