- Alternate Character Interpretation: Readers have created multiple theories for Amelia Bedelia's Literal-Minded behavior, such as not being a native English speaker, or having a mental condition that makes metaphors harder to understand.
- Hilarious in Hindsight: In the first book, Amelia Bedelia "trims" the fat of a steak not by cutting it off, but rather by decorating it with lace and ribbons. Over 20 years later, Merry Christmas, Amelia Bedelia shows her "trimming" a Christmas tree not by decorating it with ribbons, but rather by cutting off some branches.
- Memetic Mutation: Vulgar or nightmarish versions of Amelia Bedelia have become common, perhaps having her misinterpret "cock" for the former or "brainstorm" for the latter.
- Ron the Death Eater: Some interpretations of Amelia has her Literal-Minded behavior include crimes like murder.
- Signature Scene: In the first book, Amelia Bedelia draws the drapes not by shutting them, but instead sketching a picture of them.
YMMV / Amelia Bedelia