Kings of The Inland Empire is a stop-motion series created by Mark Cope and Carlo Moss, the creators of The Most Popular Girls in School and Dr. Havoc's Diary, based on their experiences growing up around the various bros and douchebags that populate the inland areas of Southern California.
The series centers around Dave, Alex, and Cody, three lifted-truck driving, light-beer guzzling, heavy-dumbbell lifting bros from Chino, and Dave's studious, fresh-out-of college brother, Ryan. The lives of the four young men are turned upside-down when Dave wins the lottery, enabling the guys' bro-iest dreams to become reality. Many luxurious extravagances and more will be the day-to-day life of Dave and his friends, as they clash with their new well-to-do-neighbors, try to stay true to their roots, and prove that they're more than just a bunch of musclebound idiots who got lucky one night.
This show contains examples of:
- The Cameo: Ally Havoc apparently makes an appearance at some point.
- Rated M for Manly: As if you haven't already noticed.
- Recycled IN SPACE!: The best way to think of the show is essentially "Douchebag Beverly Hillbillies".
- Serial Escalation: One of the things that the guys do with their lottery winnings is have a lifted truck built inside of the bed of an even bigger lifted truck!
- Trademark Favorite Drink: All four of the men love light beer and energy drinks. In fact, they buy a tap in their kitchen that simultaneously dispenses Coors Light and Monster Energy Fuel.