Wonder Weenies is an ongoing webcomic strip by Corey Kramer and Rob Tracey, started in July of 2010. It follows a trio of fast food workers from the eponymous store who gain superpowers after being exposed to a radioactive hot dog cooker. Murrey is able to use his mullet as an extra appendage. Dee can shoot flame from her hands. Frank... has been turned into a hot dog.
This comic exhibits the following tropes:
- Blinding Bangs: The officer involved in the early strips has no visible eyes due to his bushy eyebrows, something which freaks out their manager to no end.
- Burger Fool: Working at Wonder Weenies is far from an illustrious job, which is part of why Murrey assumed Frank showing up for his first day of work was a joke.
- Cheeky Mouth: A standard aspect of the art style, even from a front view, the mouths will move from one cheek to the next between panels.
- Healing Factor: Frank has been turned into an anthropomorphic hot dog. This apparently allows him to rapidly heal from any injury.
- I Love Nuclear Power: The trio gain their powers when the Frank-N-Fryer, a radioactive device for cooking and sterilizing the hot dogs malfunctions.
- Playing with Fire: Dee gains the ability to project flame from her hands.
- Prehensile Hair: Murrey's superpower is his mullet. He can grow it to enormous sizes, use it as a hand, or form it into various blunt objects.
- Required Secondary Power: Frank was transformed into an anthropomorphic hotdog. In addition to his power to heal from any damage, he also can somehow keep his glasses on his face without a nose or ears.