Wootlabs is a Superhero Webcomic starring Mad Scientist Penny "Square Woot" Colt, along with her "family" -, robots Rusty and Catbot 99, lizard girl Wendy and intelligent, ice-breathing penguin Pengi, who set out to be the greatest, most infamous villains in The City. Though they never seem to crack the top 10 most wanted and seem to spend most of their time tangling with giantess hero Riot Girl. Eventually, super hero Amy "APM" Nyan convinces Woot that since everyone thinks she's a hero, she should give heroism a real try.
Formerly a weekly comic, Woot Labs merged with its sister comic, They Might Be Heroes (Which stared the same cast, but focused on their less villainous activities) to become a twice-weekly comic.
- Action Girl: APM
- Breath Weapon: Pengi is a genetically engineered penguin with ice breath.
- Cats Are Mean: One of the catlike behaviors Catbot will admit to having.
- Charles Atlas Superpower: APM's gaming skills somehow translate into enhanced physical and mental agility.
- Dating Catwoman: APM and Square Woot.
- Hero with Bad Publicity: The damage Riot Girl causes just by walking around causes the public to see her as basically a talking Kaiju and Woot & co. as heroes for constantly chasing her off.
- MayflyDecember Romance: Booth (twenty-something)/Judemaru (millenia-old necromancer)
- Minion with an F in Evil: Booth, Judemaru's boyfriend/minion.
- Mushroom Samba: Penny singing "The Longest Time" after being given an entire bottle of cough syrup.
- Noodle Incident: The incident where Penny turns Riot Girl into a giant. For a while, anyway; eventually we get to see her origin in a flashback.
- Not Quite Back to Normal: While Riot Girl eventually does return to normal size, she remains super-strong for some reason.
- Our Giants Are Bigger: Riot Girl (who's 200ft tall). She eventually gets shrunken back to normal size.
- Sliding Scale of Anti-Villains: Woot and her family are Type Is as a whole. Wendy and Catbot are far more enthusiastically evil than the others, but are tempered by Woot (who is encouraged to be better by APM).
- Poke the Poodle: Despite Wendy's stated desire to be feared evil doer, the most we see her do (when not fighting actual bad guys) is rob a pizza place of actual pizza.
- Pokémon Speak: Pengi can only speak in variations of "Meep", "Moop" and "Ooshi". Penny, Amy and Catbot seem to understand him fine. Rusty and Wendy don't.
- Team Mom/The Heart: Rusty. Made explicit when Rusty is nearly destroyed in battle and the family disintegrates until Penny can repair him.
- Token Good Teammate: APM She eventually persuades Woot to try heroism.
- Villain Protagonist: Woot and Co.
- Villain with Good Publicity: Team Woot is seen as heroes by the city, mostly because they constantly oppose the (unintentionally) destructive Riot Girl.