The Rescue is a serialized Spider-Man webcomic by Zarius and Xavier Rojo.
Peter Parker journeys to the Osborn family hunting lodge to retrieve one of the most important people in his life, only to find the Green Goblin has fully prepared for his arrival, can he and surprise allies save this person he loves from a potential monster lurking within?
Read it here
A sequel, The Galloping Cat , launched in February 2023
The Rescue provides examples of the following tropes:
- And the Adventure Continues: While the story concludes with Peter Parker having rescued his infant daughter from Osborn's clutches, even bringing the Osborn hunting lodge crashing down on him, Osborn is shown to have survived the battle, and Peter still answers the call of his great responsibility, ending the story by going out on patrol as Spider-Man while Mary Jane and Baby May look on approvingly In January 2023, it was announced by Zarius that a follow-up story set in this universe was coming that features Black Cat
- Big Damn Reunion: The Parkers with Baby May at the conclusion of page eighteen
- Big Fancy House: The Osborn Hunting Lodge, where Baby May is being held
- The Cameo: The Fantastic Four pop in for a couple of strips to help Spidey out with salvaging what's left of the Daily Bugle building, and again in the final chapter to remove the symbiote bomb from little May's brain
- Creepy Child: Somewhat, when Peter reunites with little May at the hunting lodge, he finds her with the face of a Goblin. He pulls it off to find it's just a mask, but is nevertheless psyched out and peeved.
- Fan Sequel: The story follows up on loose ends from the Spider-Man Clone Saga and is intended to directly continue from where Tom Defalco's second stint on the Amazing Spider-Man title ended, beginning shortly after issue 439.
- Father's Quest: Peter seeks out his lost daughter after Norman tells him she is alive and gives clues to her location
- Kiss of Distraction: This happens between Kaine and 'Mary Jane', in reality the Chameleon, when he arrives at the Parker house to drop off baby May, he is approached by Peter's wife outside, who rewards him with a gentle kiss, but this enables her to get close enough to Kaine to tazer him, knocking him out, allowing Chameleon to abduct both him and Baby May, taking them to Osborn.
- My God, What Have I Done?: Peter when Kaine points out that his violent attack on the Goblin has shaken baby May to the point of tears.
- Raised Hand of Survival: Osborn at the climax of page seventeen.
- Xanatos Speed Chess: Norman is forced to revise his plans for Peter's daughter and his associates at the Daily Bugle after Kaine eliminates the Scrier network and rescues May in Europe.