HATEFARM is a gag based Webcomic by Eric and Rob of previous Mall Monkeys fame. The creators appear in their comics occasionally, but more often it contains one off situations with either offensive, sexual, violent, or absurdist humor. The comic is known to have their own advertisement spoofs as well that parody popular products, companies, movies or video games. The website is still under construction with a "fake" characters page (featuring oddball characters that aren't actually in the comic as seen on their facebook page), and other "fake" content on the way as well. The comic is somewhat randomly NSFW due to nudity or violence, though other times it is completely harmless.
This webcomic provides examples of:
- Art Evolution: The art style has changed significantly from the start. Once being created fully in flash, the comic has become much more colorful, saturated, and detailed, with a higher focus on character design and line quality.
- Breaking the Fourth Wall: Comic creators Rob and Eric can be found discussing the finer points of comic creation in the comic itself.
- Characters as Device: The comic contains few recurring characters, rather it relies on creating new ones based on the situation.
- Everything's Better with Penguins: In one comic a penguin is senselessly murdered because that doesn't happen enough.
- Filth: The comic relies frequently on sex or gross-out humor, such as a cartoon bee jerking off on cereal as a means to sell a product.
- Gag Penis: In two comics, creators have a "cockfight" battle with their gigantic, pokemon-esque penises.
- Hell of a Heaven: One strip shows an Atheist let into heaven. However, he has to spend the rest of forever talking to a Jehova's Witness. There is Funny Background Event of Jesus trying extremely hard not to laugh at him.
- Parody: There have been parodies of Gatorade, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Coca Cola, Cheerios, Peewee's Playhouse, and 80s action movies to name a few.