The 15 Experience is a Found Footage webseries started in 2014.
The first videos uploaded were on YouTube, featuring a hacker showing evidence of paranormal activity in the house he was watching. This was the standard for a while, until the true experience was released on the hacker's own website. Now, viewers got a live recording of four people trapped in the house, able to jump from camera to camera to catch the entire story. After a hiatus, more uploads began in 2017, although everything stopped again, without warning, in that same year.
Despite the story being of a live recording, in reality, it was a short-film created for a Swiss filmmaking contest.
This series provides examples of:
- Accidental Murder: In a drunken fight with Catherine when she insists on leaving the house due to her bad headache, Anthony ends up pushing her down the stairs, accidentally killing her. They then learn they were caught on security camera.
- Driven to Suicide: A video of the events in the house was somehow spread to a (fictional) makeup vlogger named Nikki. Something about the video put her into a trance, and she repeatedly slammed her head into her computer until the trauma killed her.
- Found Footage: The hacker's videos focus on scenes he'd taken from the security cameras at the house, only edited to clearly show his paranormal evidence. The actual 15 experience takes this further as all the viewers are watching the cameras themselves.
- Haunted House: The house the hacker is watching is rife with paranormal activity, from ghostly orbs, to ghostly faces, to moving shadows.
- Mind Screw: The unexplained phenomena taking place in the house is completely bizarre, going from standard ghostly activity caught on camera, to footage of the house being sent to random people that causes them to kill themselves and anyone around them, to a series of impossible events happening to people intruding in the house before they just disappear entirely.
- Murder-Suicide: A video sent to the hacker by someone who heard of the 15 experience details a Skype call between herself and her boyfriend. Video of Camera 15 pops up on his moniter, putting him in a trance before he abruptly stands up and walks downstairs, to the confusion of his girlfriend. Then she hears a gunshot and his mother screaming, then another gunshot, then he walks back upstairs and shoots himself in the head in front of the camera.
- Psychic-Assisted Suicide: Two videos on the channel showcase footage from camera 15 in the house being sent to random people. While it is unknown who got it and why they sent it, the effect is the same, implied to be because the room camera 15 is in is the one with the most paranormal activity; extended viewing will eventually put the watcher in a trance, compelling them to kill themselves and anyone nearby.
- "Girl Goes Psycho During Makeup Tutorial" has the appearing as a pop-up while beauty vlogger, Nikki, was during a tutorial on party makeup. She threw her head down until her skull cracked and she died from the injuries.
- "Man Gets Possessed During Skype Session" has the video show up on Bart's monitor during a Skype call with his girlfriend Rachel. He grabs a gun and shoots his parents before shooting himself, all while Rachel is helpless to do anything.
- Only Sane Man: Pierre is the only one of the intruding teenagers that acts at all rationally, justified as him being the only one who's sober and there only to act as a designated driver. Throughout the night, he tries to convince the others to leave the house with him, to no avail.
- Revealing Continuity Lapse: During the main experience, viewers had the choice between watching the Hackers View storymode or jumping from camera to camera. Doing both reveals some strange inconsistencies between the events- characters frozen in one room are seen elsewhere in the house, characters change position between cameras, and other general oddities within the house.
- Surprisingly Good English: Despite being a Swiss production taking place in Paris, the characters all speak perfect English, albeit with french accents.