Retroblasting is a youtube channel run by American couple Michael and Melinda. They specialize in geek culture from the late 70s, 80s, and early 90s. Also featured is their 12" Darth Vader action figure, who is perpetually missing his arms.
The show runs heavily on nostalgia for Generation X. As such, it features franchises from that era such as Star Wars, Transformers, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, and the like. The most common things reviewed are toys and cartoons; there are also episodes dedicated to restoring the merchandise of the era to its original condition.
- Accentuate the Negative / Caustic Critic: Michael certainly can be, tearing mercilessly through a cartoon or set of toys that have what he considers glaring flaws. Of course, many of his complaints do hold weight.
- Action Girl: Melinda in the opening theme/credits.
- Huge Guy, Tiny Girl: Michael towers over Melinda; of course, that's probably easy when you're 6'3".
- Nostalgia Filter: There are shades of it, although they do their best to avoid it.
- Not-So-Harmless Villain: Darth Vader may be a toy without arms in this show, but he can still be just as villainous as he is on the big screen, as Mickey Mouse found out the hard way.
- Out of Focus: Melinda doesn't appear very often, leaving Michael to host the majority of the episodes.
- Proud to Be a Geek: Both Mike and Melinda. And it's awesome.
- Running Gag / Status Quo Is God: It's pretty much a given that Darth Vader will never get his arms back.