BUNG: Chronicles is a Web Animation series created by YouTube animator Lord Bung. It centers around a fictionalized version of Bung, who is a blue anthropomorphized triceratops with a cool-looking visor and his adventures at debunking myths like conspiracies of all kind, alternative medicine and cryptozoology. Later on, the story develops to include mythologies from Greece, Egypt and so on and an overarching story arc involving obtaining the Necronomicon before greater evil is unleashed.
It currently has 7 episodes (10 if you count in 3 specials). The series' status is currently on hold, as Lord Bung wanted to take a break from making it, as well as developing his other series Confinement.
WARNING! Some examples may contain spoilers.
BUNG: Chronicles contain examples of:
- Applied Phlebotinum: In the episode 'Her(bivore), Bung uses Athenium on Marina, which can grant various animals of any kind human-level intelligence.Lord Bung: It's this chemical that helps me process information like a human. You think one day, I just decided to wear pants and start talking?
- Clap Your Hands If You Believe: The entire universe runs on the Tinkerbell effect, to the point that even mythological characters can be seen alongside aliens.
- Fantasy Kitchen Sink: Come on. Mythological deities and creatures? Cryptids? Aliens? Robotics despite the present setting? The Necronomicon? Dinosaurs? Empowered "spritual" gurus and vegans trying to scam gullible people?! You just CANNOT get a more fantastical universe than that!
- Ineffectual Loner: At one point in 'Her(bivore)', Aphrodite makes fun of Bung not having any friends, thus no love interests either.
- Puff of Logic: This is how most mythological deities ended up dying permanently in the series, due to existing by belief.
- In 'Her(bivore)', this is weaponized by Bung and Marina against Ares after the latter wreak havoc in the mortal world.