Mega Man Ultra is a ROM Hack of Mega Man 2 by TKR. It features harder redesigned bosses, a new plot, new level graphics and formats, and new weapons.
This game contains examples of:
- Abnormal Ammo: Air Man's new weapon is
- Adaptational Badass:
- Heat Man's charge is a lot quicker and more of a hassle to dodge.
- Metal Man's new strategy of simply spamming his metal blades makes it quite a bit more difficult to avoid damage.
- Cool, but Inefficient: Subverted. Atomic Fire (or should I say "Heat Buster") has FAR more ammo than it did in the original.
- Minus World: When you fight Wood Man, use Item 1 or 3 to jump back to the boss gate. You will be deposited in a strangely playable Minus World. (It's actually a graphically corrupted Wily Stage 3). See the final screen here:Screenshot◊
- Recycled Soundtrack: A lot of the songs are from Mega Man X games.
- Shout-Out: Wood Man's level is a remake of Super Mario Bros. 1-1
- That One Level: Quick Man's stage is filled to the brim with Break Joes and Jumbigs.