The legendary sword Excalibur has been stolen by the raiders from the far future. As Merlin's apprentice and niece Beth, you are sent forward in time, equipped only with a broadsword and limited spellcasting ability. Your mission: recover Excalibur and prevent catastrophe.
Excalibur 2555 A.D. provides examples of the following tropes:
- Action Girl: Beth is the protagonist, kicking ass with a sword or magic.
- Big Bad: Delavar.
- "Blind Idiot" Translation: Infamously, the French dub has the first NPC, Trador, introduce himself by awkwardly saying "Nom Trador" ("Name Trador"). His original line was "The name's Trador".
- Continue Your Mission, Dammit!: If you stay still and do nothing for too long, Beth becomes angry and breaks the 4th wall to tell you to move it.
- Knuckle Tattoos: The raiders who steal Excalibur have the word "HATE" printed on their knuckles.
- Sequel Hook: The good news is that Beth got Excalibur and uses the time machine to head back. The bad news is that she has apparently ended up in a different time and/or place. Hmm....
- Tennis Boss: To beat Delavar, just hit the projectiles with your broadsword and send them right back at him.