- Billing Displacement: Rochelle Hudson is billed before Dorothy Coonan. She plays a minor character called Grace, who gets raped by the brakeman, whereas Dorothy plays one of the protagonists Sally.
- Dawson Casting: Dorothy Coonan, who played Sally, was twenty. Mostly averted with the other teenage actors though.
- Deleted Role: Alan Hale Jr (yes, The Skipper) filmed some scenes but they were cut. He can be seen in the picture the judge looks at towards the end.
- Romance on the Set: Director William Wellman eventually married Dorothy Coonan.
- What Could Have Been:
- An alternate ending was filmed where Tommy and Sally are sent to juvenile hall and Eddie to prison. This was considered a more realistic ending, but Executive Meddling saw the judge instead giving them a second chance. Several reviewers called this a cop-out.
- William Wyler and John Ford were both interested in directing before William Wellman got the film.
Trivia / Wild Boys of the Road